Secret Harbour Reservation Confirmation

Travel discussion for St. John
patr

Secret Harbour Reservation Confirmation

Post by patr »

I booked a room at Secret Harbour for a couple of days in November through their web site. (I tried the link here, but got a message, "no rooms available that match your dates") After I completed the required info on their site, I got a message that said they would try to fill my request and would get back to me if they could not.

I did not receive a confirmation or e-mail. Does anyone know if I should expect one?

I would sure feel better if I had some kind of guarantee that I really have a room when I get there.

I have e-mailed them, but have not gotten a reply. I am not sure what to do next.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
Berlingirl

Secret Harbour Confirmation

Post by Berlingirl »

I certainly would not go without confirmation. I would recommend that you give them a call. They lost a long time reservations agent this past spring that had been there for years. She'd helped me a number of times in the past. Seems like in addition to her going, I was told the condo committee there had a meeting and decided to go up on their rates for next year. Double shame... :cry: It's a great spot on STT and no doubt the news is out.
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

I would definetly get a confirmation. We have stayed there a number of times, and they always mail us a confirmation number. Give them a call and speak to a human, it can be done.

I realize they don't like to book short stays anywhere on the islands when it comes to renting villas and condos, but if they have a few days available they will let you have them. Better check and see if they will bump you if someone comes along and wants a whole block of days which include the ones you have requsted. :(

Bottom line: Get it in writing. :!: :!: :!: :?

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Bob & Anita

Secret Harbour confirmations

Post by Bob & Anita »

Our experience is that their online reservation system is not integrated with their reservation computer system. We think someone has to manually take your online request and enter it into the computer system. They will eventually send you a confirmation email (few days) and mail (couple weeks) you a confirmation if they can confirm a reservation for you. We strongly recommend that you call them with the message you received.
Bob & Anita