No Liquid Carry On – Oh No

Travel discussion for St. John
Bob & Anita

Re: Liquids

Post by Bob & Anita »

Amy wrote:
Bob & Anita wrote:We understand that you can carry liquids on, but only those you buy after going through security, which doesn't help in STT since the duty free shop is outside of security.
You can't even take liquids bought in the "safe areas" on the plane, according to this update on the USAir website:

8/10, 2 p.m. ET: Customers should be advised that they will not be permitted to purchase liquid items from airport gift shops to take on the airplane with them. Those items will be confiscated at the gate. This applies to all flights to, from and within the United States. Beverages purchased in the sterile area must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.

Guess we could drink up all the rum while waiting for our flight home!
We stand corrected, must have misheard the news annoucer or they had it wrong.
Bob & Anita
nothintolose

I understand but...

Post by nothintolose »

I understand the need to do all of this, but I feel bad for alot of the retailers that are gonna lose out because of this. On our local news last night, they were showing an airport shop that sells Tobasco products; his sales were down by half yesterday.

Pipanale - you may want to ask your local grocery store or liquor store to carry more flavors; I asked and was surprised when they did. Now if only I could get them to carry Carib.

And one more thing - I am not a mother but every time I hear that it's okay for mothers to bring on breast milk as long as they taste it. That gives me the quivers.

nothintolose
CariBert

Re: I understand but...

Post by CariBert »

nothintolose wrote:
And one more thing - I am not a mother but every time I hear that it's okay for mothers to bring on breast milk as long as they taste it. That gives me the quivers.

nothintolose
I'm with you, Nothing.....unless I can taste it from the original container..... :wink:
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

flip-flop

3 hours in security at Sea-Tac yesterday

Post by flip-flop »

Yeah the security madness is no joke. They were making people throw away all liquid, all gels, all pastes...Including toothpaste and chapstick. Kind of crazy. So it took 3 hours to get through the security check at Seattle Tacoma. I can't imagine JFK or O'hare.

No more packing carryon only. Hey, I never could manage that anyway!
patr

Post by patr »

Hi Everyone,

I saw a story on the news this evening.

There is new equipment that can test bottles, they demonstrated with a bottle of wine. The machinery is expensive and will take a while to get to airports. So I can only assume those that install the equipment will allow liquids to be carried on and those that don't - oh well. I seriously doubt St Thomas will be one of those that do.

We'll have to get our fill while on island. Image
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
patr

Post by patr »

I know people who never travel with baggage, they always ship.

But I have heard nothing but NIGHTMARES about the postal service in the inslands
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~