LMG's [abridged] Trip Report... finally!

Travel discussion for St. John
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks for the report. Your pictures are great!
I am glad that your friend "gets it". I recommend a girls trip too! Our SOTB trip was great!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Great report! I also saw a nurse shark at Waterlemon, but it was sitting on the bottom and once a few people gathered around, it swam off. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it.

Everytime I see that palm tree at the Trunk Bay beach entrance, it's a little lower. I suppose it'll end up looking like the ones at Soloman before long :D

chrisn

Post by chrisn »

That was a really great trip report! I would have freaked and had a total sh*t fit if anything like that scary shark episode happened to me. But I think I would have been out of the water at the Jelly sighting. I'm :shock: of Jellies! Thanks for sharing!
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Thank you for a fantastic trip report and beautiful pictures. Even if I am a cat woman, I love the sleeping dog pictures. And all the beautiful beaches of course.

I'm sorry about the shark experience. You handled it well. I do feel more exposed when I snorkel than when I scuba dive and then I have seen several sharks, without being scared. But when I snorkeled outside Marina Cay in BVI last May, I met a shark in shallow water and it was between me and the beach and I was 150 meters/yards from the boat and freaked out. I guess I made a speed record back to the boat without even take a look underwater anymore. I still don't know what kind of shark it was, but it was large (about 6 feet). Felt really stupid afterwards :oops:

Thanks again, made me wonder if we have decided the right thing, when we chosed to go to just Virgin Gorda this year in April/May. Maybe we should split and take a few days in STJ as it's so very beautiful there.
jmq

Post by jmq »

Name that beach
#1 = White Bay JVD
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

great trip report thanks........
sad I feel I have been off island so long, I do not recognize all the beaches.
Glad you had a great time!!

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
LMG

Post by LMG »

Thanks, everyone. It is sure nice to relive it again here.

I have to wait until I get home to see the order of the pictures (blocked at work- shhhhh) but I think they've all been guessed correctly. I even got some PM's- wow, I didn't think it would be a contest. Does this mean I have to offer a prize?
:D
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

Nice to read your trip report. I've barely had time to look at my own pictures since returning. It was nice to meet you (though briefly; I was with Ruth at Beach Bar before it started to rain). Take care.
arenee

Post by arenee »

Great pictures and trip report!!!!
brenda

Post by brenda »

Great trip report and pictures. Thanks for posting.
Going "home" again October 26th!
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

I keep thinking about that creepy shark.
Given that it is "unusual" for a nurse shark to behave that way, I keep wondering why it would. Is it sick? Is it protecting something? (Do sharks protect their eggs??!) Is it global warming?!
So strange.
-Ruth
papabou

Post by papabou »

only 3 words about your report & pics

BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!

papabou

ps we apparently enjoy the same beaches, allofem!
Coden

Post by Coden »

Awesome report and pics!! Thnx so much...I felt like I was there. :D
Coden
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

Is it just me, or are there way more sharks around now? Like Ruth said, is this a sign of global warming?
When we first started going to the Islands in '97 we never saw sharks. Now it seems like people are seeing them everywhere, and not just nurse sharks. I love to snorkle and love to dive even more, but I get really scared when I see anything other than a nurse shark, now maybe I should be afraid of them to. :shock: This past December we saw a reef shark at Waterlemon.

Great Trip report and amazing pictures!

Sydney