So Good, So Good, So Good! Realtime trip report

Travel discussion for St. John
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks for the real time trip report!! I too love that stretch of road right before Maho. The Waterfront Bistro looks really nice. We will have to check it out. Would you consider it to be in the "pricey" category?
Going "home" again October 26th!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

another great report Thank you
Tom
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Thanks so much for the gorgeous photos and stories! That queen helmet is beautiful. I thought the one I found in October was pretty big but that one is HUGE!

Waterfront Bistro looks good too. I'm glad you liked the food--it's nice to have a new place to try.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
cosmolady

Thank you!

Post by cosmolady »

The past few day have been snowy and cold in Pennsylvania, but it has been wonderful to run upstairs and check your posts! Looking at the pictures and reading your descriptions have kept us going( I make my husband run up the steps, too, everytime there is a new post!). Your pictures are amazing..I feel like I am right there...until I look outside my window! I love all the descriptions of your family's food, fun, and frolic!
Many, many, many thanks for taking the time to share with all of us!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Not much of a report .....nice quiet, beautiful day. Breakfast at JJ's then on to Honeymoon Beach. 86 was heard complaining once or twice that the cooler seemed heavier than it had before. snicker, snort, cough I risked the no bottle rule and packed a bottle of champagne that mbw informed me was available down here for a decent price.

The snorkeling to the right was surprisingly lovely. Swim out around the rocks toward Caneel beach and just hover and look..hover and look, hover and look. Just out here:

Beautiful sunset tonight...these pic do not do it justice. Early to bed because tomorrow is our last hurrah.

Tuesday morning we face the walk of woe. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it.....

Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Oh, by the way.....jmq....thanks so much for the recommendation of Nature Girl. We both thoroughly enjoyed every page. Now I want to cast it.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Neat pictures! Keep them coming!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Gorgeous! Remember, there is no "walk of woe." There is just "goodbye, and see you next time!" :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

Agent99 - thank you for making the week better with your report and pictures. You did a great job of entertaining us!
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

More great pictures and info, Thank you! Love the Walk of Woe picture!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Please stay! I am just loving your daily reports.

Nothing much to come back to - opening day isn't for another 6 weeks.
janet
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

great pictures! I hope you enjoyed the bubbly! :wink:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Agent99! This has been a terrific report! Thanks so much for my daily fix! It sounds like you've had a perfect time and I'm sorry you have to come home too! The sunset pictures are gorgeous! 8)
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Brenda....sorry I missed your question:
The Waterfront Bistro looks really nice. We will have to check it out. Would you consider it to be in the "pricey" category?
The prices are on par with Zozo's, Asolare, Chateau Bordeaux, Tage, etc. but it does not feel at all stuffy. In fact, it has a very breezy, casual vibe. Jazz lovers will enjoy the music. Speaking of Tage, it's sad to see it all closed up. Our family had two of our all time favorite dinners out there on previous visits.

Not sure where today will lead us. We'll tr to make the most of every minute. sniff