How do you pick a graphic to display by your posts?

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

How do you pick a graphic to display by your posts?

Post by flip-flop »

I am technologically unsavvy & just got back from a hell day of travel from Seattle to DC. 3 hours in security.

I see the forum is all new & want to get up to speed.

Thanks!
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Go into your profile, scroll to the bottom, follow the directions about avatars.

There are some stock ones available or you can use an image from the net or your own personal collection. The avatar has to conform to certain dimensions etc. See the thread on "how do I get my avatar to play nice" or something like that (I'm the one who started it and I can't remember the name of it, ha).

Have fun!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi Flip-flop! Good to see ya! Sorry to hear you were stuck in that mess at the airport yesterday. :x

You may have already found this out, but on your profile page, if you scroll down, you'll see a button you can click on to choose an avatar from the gallery. Or you can make your own from any picture you have. It must be 50x50 pixels and no larger than 6kb. I've helped a few people with theirs, so let me know if you need any pointers.

Randy in MD posted this link where it's apparently very easy to convert your own picture into an avatar. I haven't tried it, but several people seem to have had very good luck with it. http://www.icyworlds.net/about/avatar

I got my picture of Nemo off Google Images and converted it.

Good luck! Now that you're signed on I somehow feel the forum is complete :)
flip-flop

YAY It worked!

Post by flip-flop »

THanks guys you are the best!

Yeah the trip from Sea-Tac was an adventure. Left my hotel at 12 noon ET, arrived at the airport by 12:35. In the security line by 12:45. Finally cleared security at 4pm ET. Made my flight unlike 90% of the people there. Had 5 minutes to make my connection in Dallas. My luggage was not so lucky. I am still waiting for it to come.

Got to National Airport at 1:20 am...home at 2am! So 14 hours later. Makes the trip to STJ ... ferry and all ... seem a breeze!!!