Ritz Carlton to Acquire Maho Bay?

Travel discussion for St. John
lark22

Post by lark22 »

nice one!!
JC

Post by JC »

Rick...you seriously crack me up. If I hadn't just been on island with you...I would have gone hook line & sinker... :wink:

Jen

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Until I got to the line about the "improvements," I was totally buying that they were going to grab this place when the lease ran out.

I will stop crying and cussing corporate America now. However, I hope that whatever/whoever buys Maho when the lease is up is not even worse than this April Fool's Joke.

Fingers crossed.
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Ok, in my defense I hadn't had coffee yet!
hugo

Post by hugo »

Here's the bad news:
Ritz Carlton has (really!) been in active negotiation for several years to acquire Newfound Bay, on the north side of East End, one of the most remote and pristine places left on St. John. Not exactly a beach, and a really long ferry ride, so Maho might be pretty attractive to them. They have had carte blanche on St. Thomas--doing exactly what they wanted, even in the face of big community opposition, so don't rule it out.....
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

OK---assuming that Little Maho is sold to a private interest and not rescued by a preservation group, would you prefer that Little Maho be sold for (1) a high-end residential development, such as Peter Bay, or (2) a low-density boutique hotel? The residential development would probably have a lower profile in terms of impact on the hillside (although thats arguable), but you would have a greater likelihood of actually visiting the beach again if it were a hotel.
---Jim
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
kirk

Post by kirk »

Here's the link to it's listing. enjoy the video.who can put a name to the voice in the video?
http://www.islandiarealestate.com/Detai ... &type=land
Rick I told so many locals today about what you posted, without mentioning that it was a joke. that this might be in the Daily news tomorrow. :lol:
Kirk
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Okay - big giant whew! :lol:
JT

Post by JT »

dawg
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
RickG

Post by RickG »

kirk wrote:Here's the link to it's listing. enjoy the video.who can put a name to the voice in the video?
http://www.islandiarealestate.com/Detai ... &type=land
Rick I told so many locals today about what you posted, without mentioning that it was a joke. that this might be in the Daily news tomorrow. :lol:
Kirk
Hey, this WAS a joke! I hope you left in the part about the submarine ferry?

Kirk, good to see you back in play. Did you get Internet set up at the apartment, or is the painting work slowing down?

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

The narrator in the Maho video really made me want to buy it.
-Ruth
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

hi ruth!!! me too, i would love to buy it. need to win the lottery first. :lol: :lol: i would leave it just as it is.... and build a tiny cottage to live in. hmmmmm been dreaming this for years. LOVE MAHO YESSSS. :wink:
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

Maybe the puma of STJ will come back tonight, too! No worries, the mayans say that the world as we know it will end/change in 2012...that oughta save Maho. :wink:
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Here's my suggestion, if Kenny Chesney loves STJ so much, maybe he should be like Rockefeller and buy up that land and NOT build on it. Instead, he should donate it to the National Park.

Just an idea, it doesn't have to be Kenny Chesney either, but I would love to see some rich person do that rather than build more mega mansions.