Funny what we find offensive

Travel discussion for St. John
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Funny what we find offensive

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

A couple of people on another thread were urging Oxford to remove his/her video clip because they found it offensive. (It shows some guy kicking an old lady.)

On the other hand, no one complained about Jorge's "nekkid" pictures...especially one of some gal naked in the pool with two guys. (And, it was obvious that one guy was checking to see if the carpet matched the drapes.)

Does that mean that we love old ladies and naked people?

Personally, I think the avatar of Kenny strummin' away bare chested should be banned. Anthony...anything you can do about that?
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I don't remember a picture of a gal & 2 guys... I only remember the one of 3 women. And even though they were obviously nekkid, you couldn't see anything. If you saw someone checking to see if "the carpet matched the drapes," then you were looking a lot closer than I was.

I'm the one who complained about the old lady getting kicked in the head.

I don't find anything wrong with people skinny dipping... it's harmless fun. Watching some old lady get kicked in the head over and over and over and over is violent and offensive to me, and I see no place for that on this lovely and fun forum.

Besides the fact that with a continuous loop on ANY graphic, it's distracting while you're trying to read anything else on the page.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Oxford

Remember grandma...tell the police you fell down, GOT IT!!??

Post by Oxford »

Oh Cali Girl, Sunflower (and other people who can’t take a joke)... where to begin?

First, the clip is NOT real. Second, "grandma" is a mannequin from a bad 70’s movie.
What? Did you actually believe the clip was some sort of home movie of mine and that I was actually so sick of grandma watching Matlock that I kicked her in the head while she was seated at our breakfast nook enjoying her Ensure and Metamucil?

The clip is so outrageous and obviously fake it plays like a cartoon. Did you cry when you saw the Road Runner blow up the Coyote?

Ohhhhh, be careful Pete(Mr. Marcia)...I’ve always enjoyed your posts (even when you fire shots at me :lol:) but watch out. That comment you made about "checking to see if the carpet matched the drapes." Might get you in trouble with "certain" people here who will most definitely find it "offensive to me, and I see no place for that on this lovely and fun forum."

Don't worry your precious little heart...It will be deleted soon enough and all will be right in your world again.
:shock:
Last edited by Oxford on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I think the clip is kinda funny, but I have a sick sense of humor. :lol:
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Oxford,

I don't remember firing any shots at you. Did you used to post under a different name?

I actually like the clip. It's twisted, but that's the beauty of it.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Wow! No sooner did I submit my last post, and you changed your clip to something far more interesting.

By the way, is that a real baby? You sick, sick person.
Oxford

THE PARTY POOPER.....

Post by Oxford »

Oh, it was nothing too bad, but you and I had a spirited joust about Commies or something a while back and yeah I had a different profile name. You're very witty, and I was an "Evil Clown" according to the Internet Forum Identity List.

I knew the clips wouldn't last, but hopefully Anthony will get rid of those Nemo fish "count downs until STJ" as well.

This clip is titled:
"Barney does NOT love you!"
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Hmmm...I don't remember the "spirited joust." But, on the other hand, I have had more than a few here.

I'm with you on the Nemo count-down. I mean, seriously, it's getting to the point where you can't post a video of an old lady getting smacked, but it's okay to post all sorts of cutesy stuff. That just isn't right.
Xislandgirl

Re: THE PARTY POOPER.....

Post by Xislandgirl »

Oxford wrote: I knew the clips wouldn't last, but hopefully Anthony will get rid of those Nemo fish "count downs until STJ" as well.

This clip is titled:
"Barney does NOT love you!"
Hey, I like your clips and I am the one responsible for the countdwon timers.....can't we all just get along?
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

I think we are all just very excited about all the new and fun things we can do on this new forum. It'll evenout eventually.

I, too, find the St-John-count-down annoying but coudn't help getting one myself. No biggy. To each his own.

Oxford-I too love your crazy signatures! But I got a sick sense of humor. Barney does not love you....heehee.