What is the best route to Salomon Beach?

Travel discussion for St. John
VaDavid

What is the best route to Salomon Beach?

Post by VaDavid »

Who has the best way to Salomon Beach? I am trying to make it to all the beaches that I have not been to on this trip abd this is one of the few that I have not been to. Thanks
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

VaDavid,

We took the trail that leads down by the Virgin Islands National Park sign just past Estate Lindholm. It was an easy, shaded hike down, but it was definitely a hike back up. At least it was in the shade and not straight up (like Salt Pond's hill).

Lauren at Estate Lindholm said that was the better way to go. I think the easier way is to park at Caneel and take their path their passing up Honeymoon on your way.

In actuality, the way we got to Solomon was by snorkeling to it from Honeymoon (which we hiked down from the VI National Park sign) and then hiking back the trail (barefoot) because we thought it was a short trail...didn't realize you had to go WAY around the house that's on the point. If we would have known we had to hike that far with no shoes, we would have snorkeled back but then we like to do things the hard way :? :D

Both of those beaches are beautiful. Solomon was better when we were there because all of the daysails came and moored right off of Honeymoon.

Have a great time!

nothintolose
Bluwater

Was everyone clothed?

Post by Bluwater »

For those of you who have visited Solomon lately, did you find everyone clothed (swimsuits)? I would like to visit Solomon, but don't want to expose my 8 yr old to more than she needs to see of STJ's booty - I mean beauty - lol.

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
Bluwater
Bob & Anita

Route to Salomon Beach

Post by Bob & Anita »

nothintolose wrote:VaDavid,

We took the trail that leads down by the Virgin Islands National Park sign just past Estate Lindholm. It was an easy, shaded hike down, but it was definitely a hike back up. At least it was in the shade and not straight up (like Salt Pond's hill).

Lauren at Estate Lindholm said that was the better way to go. I think the easier way is to park at Caneel and take their path their passing up Honeymoon on your way.

In actuality, the way we got to Solomon was by snorkeling to it from Honeymoon (which we hiked down from the VI National Park sign) and then hiking back the trail (barefoot) because we thought it was a short trail...didn't realize you had to go WAY around the house that's on the point. If we would have known we had to hike that far with no shoes, we would have snorkeled back but then we like to do things the hard way :? :D

Both of those beaches are beautiful. Solomon was better when we were there because all of the daysails came and moored right off of Honeymoon.

Have a great time!

nothintolose
Here is what the sign looks like that Nothingtolose was describing:
And the head of the Lind Point trail:

We found the route from the National Parks Headquarters in Cruz Bay to be easier (flatter, shorter and less confusing) then the Lind Point trail route that Nothingtolose described.
Bob & Anita
Bob & Anita

Route to Salomon (picture fixed)

Post by Bob & Anita »

nothintolose wrote:VaDavid,

Have a great time!

nothintolose
Here is what the sign looks like that Nothingtolose was describing:

And the head of the Lind Point trail:

We found the route from the National Parks Headquarters in Cruz Bay to be easier (flatter, shorter and less confusing) then the Lind Point trail route that Nothingtolose mentioned.
Bob & Anita
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

We got to Solomon via a trail from Honeymoon. We hiked in from Caneel to Honeymoon, and then when the catamarans arrived, left for Solomon. The trail to Solomon from Honeymoon is kind of meandering and a little slippery (FYI, the crew person on the boat from CA to Caneel said the house you have to detour around is lived in by the National Park head for the USVI).

Total hike time: Caneel to Honeymoon, about 8 minutes, flat, maintained road, Honeymoon to Solomon, about 10 minutes, somewhat narrow trail, rocky, but not difficult at all.

Bluwater, when we were there, everyone was clothed...EXCEPT for one man, who was quite naked indeed, in the water up to his high waist, and marching back and forth the length of the beach. He was on a mission!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.