New villa above Caneel

Travel discussion for St. John
liamsaunt

New villa above Caneel

Post by liamsaunt »

John and I love to look at all the different villas. We have a spreadsheet with all the places we'd like to try one day, and we're always adding more properties. Last year I saw a new villa on John's Folly that I wanted to add to the list. It turned out to be Coral Cove (too expensive for us!).

This year we saw another new villa from the water on Caneel Beach--it's way up on the top of the hill, right next to Lyon's Pride villa. It has huge windows and three triangular sections. It's probably too expensive, and large for us, but if anyone knows who manages this villa, I'd like to at least look at it online.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I can't help you but suggest that if it's up there by Lyons Pride (now renamed something else....don't remember right off hand the new name) you might check with Catered Too to see if they might be able to give you that new villa's name. Be sure to let us know here on the forum too. I'm like you and am always looking for new properties/villas being built especially on the north shore. Looking forward to this information. 8)
mia

Post by mia »

Lyon's Pride...now Spellbound :wink:
Eric on St John

Post by Eric on St John »

That is Stoneridge which was recently extensively remodeled (i.e. practically re-built) and sold to a very wealthy fellow. I would be surprised if it was available on the rental market anymore but you can ask around.
Eric on St John
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Thanks Eric. I googled it and I think you must be right that it is off the market. I found a review of it but it was from 1995. It's funny, because I don't remember seeing anything up there next to Spellbound a few years ago. I thought it was a brand new house, not a remodel.

Oh well, I only have about 50 other villas on my list to try someday! :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.