Does anyone know what villa this is?

Travel discussion for St. John
MLS

Post by MLS »

Other than the previously mentioned Maria Bluff houses from Villa Maria to Southern Cross, Beit Hawa, a Catered To house on Boatman Point, or the adjacent non-rental house are possible.
RickG

Post by RickG »

I can't believe this took me so long - Cliffside is the one I was trying to find.

http://caribbeanvilla.com/cliffside/cliffside.html

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Nope MLS and Rick - not any of those but those are now bookmarked too.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
MLS

Post by MLS »

If you haven't already, recheck an old website of Beyond the Sea (it was also called Villa Magenta at one time).

www.onlinevacations.com/BeyondTheSea.htm

Of all the houses on Maria Bluff from Cliffside to Villa Maria, BTS had the most dramatic room and deck area, directly above the cliff, not for the faint of heart. And there was a water view of the house on the website!
overman

Post by overman »

we stayed at beyond the sea a while back and it sounds like your area...nice spot (unless you have vertigo) literally beyond the sea...if i heard it fell into the ocean i would not be all that surprised...it had a little cottage to the side with an outdoor shower (just for me the snorer)...it was me, the cliffs, iguanas and nothing but view all the way to stx...we were bummed to find out it was off the market since that's one of the few i'd actually rent again. (not that any we have rented weren't great it's just hard to do a repeat with all the sweet spots left to try.) ahh, research, it's a bitch but somebody has to do it,
-oman.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I was just poking around and noticed this said Cliffside. Could this be it?

http://www.vacationvistas.com/Villas/se ... _john.html
CindyM

Post by CindyM »

I've stayed at Villa Belvedere (the view is my avatar) when it was newly remodeled in 2003. It's cliffside for sure but doesn't have the cliffside drama of Nautilus (stayed there as well) and Beyond The Sea. Nice views of St. Thomas, though. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Also stayed at Beach Garden villa in Chocolate Hole
which has some nice cliffside views.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Someone posted about a villa on a cliff on STT once. Maybe you're thinking of that one and confusing it with STJ? I'll see if I can remember the name of it.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Now I am not sure which one it was but I know for sure it was on STJ as I found it myself when I was looking at STJ villas a year ago.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Could it be Finisterre?

http://www.vrbo.com/176331
---Jim
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Don't think that's it. The villa description had a pic of the villa on top of a large cliff with the water below.
CindyM

Post by CindyM »

Villa Belvedere used to have a picture like that when it was represented by Vacation Vistas.
MLS

Post by MLS »

Not the right area, but....

http://www.bookitvi.com/coralpt.htm
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Elizabeth, I am thinking you must be thinking of Belvedere. I remember that picture on the Vacation Vistas site--we rented Belvedere in 2004 (I'm surprised that it was remodeled in 2003, because I remember the furnishings being quite tired in the great room!).

It is repped by Destination St. John now, and it looks like it's been quite spruced up since our stay. It really does have amazing views. The house to the right is VERRRY close, but it was not a problem. If you are thinking about renting it, I would inquire as to the height of the foliage by the pool. When we were there we had great views over Pillsbury Sound from the pool. Hopefully they have kept the foliage trimmed back.

PS: Argonauta is better. :wink:
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mls10

Re: Does anyone know what villa this is?

Post by mls10 »

The most dramatic location has to be Maria's Bluff. The most dramatic house I ever saw was the previously mentioned Beyond the Sea, which also was called Magenta Villa. One room, the dining area, seemed directly over water.