Does anyone know what villa this is?

Travel discussion for St. John
Rebubula

Re: Does anyone know what villa this is?

Post by Rebubula »

Was it Wings Over Water? Don't know how to post link...
Doing my search for 2016 (May do separate post for some help!!) and stumbled upon that. Literally on cliff, that bathtub is calling my name!!
CHM

Post by CHM »

I think it might be Belvedere. You and I discussed this one last year when I was doing my villa search for our last trip.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Wow! This is an old post that was brought back up! I don't know if I ever found the right one, but I know it wasn't Wings Over Water. We ended up staying at Serenity that year, and I think it was the one I was thinking about when I initially made the post.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
sherban

Post by sherban »

How did you like serenity?
mls10

Post by mls10 »

Wings over Water is not on a cliff, in fact, your tub is about 30 feet above the water.
Anyone who remembers Nautilus would not recognize it now with gated stone wall and Peter Bay size mega villa being built. The previous building, dwarfed by the construction looks like it will be a tear done. They are, though, making it closer to the cliff, with some sort of areas out over the cliff.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Wow, quite the resurrection of an old thread!

Wings Over Water didn't exist 6 years ago :)
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
CindyM

Post by CindyM »

mls10, I loved, loved the old Nautilus when we stayed there in 2007. I'll be curious to see the transformation when we visit the neighborhood this summer.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

sherban - I liked Serenity and would stay there again. It was nothing fancy at all though. I liked the fact that we didn't have a bunch of other villas in our view and we felt isolated even though there were others around us. It was right on the road but we never noticed it as it wasn't a main road.

We spent most of our time in that main area and in the pool or right off of the main room. The bathrooms, epecially the one further from the main area are small. We didn't use the bedroom below the main area and since then they are building another bedroom. I don't know when they will finish it though.

My only problem with the villa was the amount of speed bumps between it and Cruz Bay...it was a pain in the a$$ dealing with all of those speed bumps! That would not stop me from staying there again, but I would not think of it as a luxury villa. We usually stay at a different villa, but that one was booked when we decided to make that trip.
sherban

Post by sherban »

nothintolose wrote: We usually stay at a different villa, but that one was booked when we decided to make that trip.
NTL- So...do tell pls....what is your usual villa?? C'mon ...?? :)
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

We usually stay at Argonauta for many reasons which include: full a/c, location to town yet feels isolated, great views, the verandah (I could spend all villa time there and be content) to name a few. The driveway is the biggest negative to the villa, but they widened it so it's not as bad.