wanting to move back to St. John after 18 years ....

Moving to the islands, local news & issues, etc.
ldybrigit

wanting to move back to St. John after 18 years ....

Post by ldybrigit »

:lol: Well i have gone and done it.. I would like to see about schooling on st. john/st. thomas these days and possible housing for myself and my 9 yr old daughter.
any assistance would be fabulous!
I am also going to be job hunting.. I am a Registered nurse and have submitted my resume to the health system there already.
If anyone knows of any private practice that would be in need of a qualified RN please email me at ldybrigit@gmail.com
Thanks in advance
Whitney
anything is possible with duct tape!
hugo

Post by hugo »

Hi,
I can respond mainly in terms of St. John. The public education system has deteriorated even further than the standards of the past. The private Pine Peace school is now the Gifft Hill School, and goes all the way through twelfth grade. They do a pretty good job. Tuition is high, but they do offer a lot of assistance.A number of children commute to private schools on St. Thomas, including the Montessori school in Red Hook that goes through high school.
Dr. Clayton is certainly the busiest private practitioner on St. Thomas/St. John, with offices in Red Hook, yacht Haven and Cruz Bay. They have a website at redhookfamilypractice.com (sorry, I don't know how to activate a link on here).
Dr. Hartshorn also has offices on both islands...693-7444 on St. JOhn and 776-8989 on St. Thomas. The St. John clinic is also an option-- there are two wonderful doctors there, and from the patient perspective, it's definitely the best government run operation of any sort on the island!
Hope this helps...
hillcrest

Housing available July 15, 2009

Post by hillcrest »

A semi-furnished, one bedroom, with air condition, free Wi-Fi and 4 minute walk downhill to Cruz Bay dock.

Electrical utilities not included and apartment is cable ready.

Apartment becomes available July 15 for $1300/month. Year lease required and a $600 deposit.

Call(340) 776-6774 & (340) 998-8388.
<A HREF="http://www.hillcreststjohn.com/">Hillcrest Guest House, St. John US Virgin Islands</A>