Apartment needed

Moving to the islands, local news & issues, etc.
Vichuga

Apartment needed

Post by Vichuga »

Hello,
Looking for an apartment on St. John with reliable high speed internet service, I plan to work online from home. Single 40 year old woman, no pets.
Thanks!
STX lady

Post by STX lady »

Wish I had 1 for you, do have 1 in Portsmouth, NH and am in the process of purchasing a rental 3/3 unit in STX, next door to our STX home. Good Luck!
Vichuga

Post by Vichuga »

Thanks STX lady, i am trying to escape NH.
STX lady

Post by STX lady »

Yes, understand...it's a beautiful state, we're 1 mile from the ocean and our 9 grandkids are here, otherwise we'd be in our St Croix home. We'll be there from Oct to the end of May.

Try the STT & STJ "This Week" on the left side bar, it may have some ideas for you!
equineannie

Relo

Post by equineannie »

WOW, I am 55 year old professional woman, relocating to the islands in September. Internet biz from home as well. I am staying in a bed/breakfast for the first month on St Thomas. Let's stay in touch and hook up. I am equineannie@gmail.com.

I suggest you not rent without seeing first. Stay close into Cruz Bay for best internet; I know someone in Coral Bay and its very iffy coverage, cell phone iffy back there as well. You will need ATT wireless cell service. They are the carrier for the islands and the plan you have in the US works there...nothing extra. You can keep your number. Suggest you get an ATT card for your computer as back up.

Craig's list has a good number of listings, any listed by a Realtor is a better bet if you intend to do this sight unseen.

All the best,cheers for doing the move and I hope to meet you soon!

Ann Pennywitt
Vichuga

Post by Vichuga »

Hi Ann, thanks for your reply. I wish you luck with your move! I probably will come to the island for a week before I move to secure the apartment and set up a phone and internet - I must have it all the time and at high speed to be able to work. I also think that Cruz Bay area is the best for me in terms of potential rentals and good coverage. This is somewhat a spontaneous decision, I am going to talk to my bosses tomorrow (keep your fingers crossed for me), and if they OK working from home, I will be in full planning mode! I hope we will meet and be happy away from home.
P.S. I will definitely research AT&T (always wanted an I phone), but have Verizon right now.
Talk to you soon!