How about Cell phone service?

Moving to the islands, local news & issues, etc.
ashalee

How about Cell phone service?

Post by ashalee »

ATT, T-mobile, and sprint all say they have cell service on St. Thomas... Has anyone actually tried and gotten service down there?
On my way...
Ashley

Nannerz

Post by Nannerz »

Sprint worked great for me. I had service throughout the area the whole time and no roaming charges.
ashalee

Sweet...

Post by ashalee »

Bueno thank you!
On my way...
Ashley

byado18

Post by byado18 »

Always have good luck with ATT! and it's not "roaming".
:D
Bonnie
villafish

Post by villafish »

I've heard of some problems with TMobile... but not sure of the outage areas... I think the Westin area is difficult.
<p> Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness.</p>
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Tmobile has worked for me. And they just bought SunCom, so I'm sure the service will be even better because there were times I was getting a SunCom signal and didn't use my phone. (They told me to use it only when it said "AT&T" or "Cingular" to avoid charges.)

The only thing is that T-mobile charges long-distance to call the 340 area code. I am not sure if it's just while you're down there or when you're here too. I am waiting for my next bill since I will have many calls to the villa rental agency and our car rental place on there. I'll let you know what I find out. But last year all my calls to Destination St. John, the taxi company, etc. were 40 cents/minute, I think.