The Festivus Thread

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

OMG, Pip and Bev, your stories are really the genesis of the blackest of comedies.....and who doesn't love the occasional one of those? I'm thinking screenplay. Please consider.

That said I do feel for those 2 boys from Seattle. Would serve their so called mother right if you did absorb them into your family. Trust me they won't care if they don't get a $50 gift card. Just steal them and possibly even yet make friends with their fathers. Your brother will likely have something in common with them soon.
jmq

Post by jmq »

mbw1024 wrote:on the 3rd day of angry my mother said to me:"you are a WASTE you should be a professional photographer, you should put your talents to use"

no lie my mother said this to me about a month ago! hahahahaha I'm pretty sure she was trying to be complimentary about my photos from our Maine vacation. but I'm not sure! :lol:
Maybe its a compliment on that CT&L winner!
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

My BIL calls my home to see what is served for dinner so he can match his wine selection. We go out to dinner at a BYO and he places his order and THEN goes to get wine. EVERY SINGLE TIME he comes back with White Zinfadel. WTF???????
He berated a waiter who offered Sea Bass as a special. Going on and on about endangered species. Waiter was an Italian man who didn't really understand much of what was being said and frankly didn't care!
BIL sent make his TEA - no prepared properly. REALLY??????????? It's tea....and WATER!!!!!!!!
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

WOW, I think Im actually speachless!
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

I say we move on to the feats of strength.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

chicagoans wrote:... so as a Thanksgiving appetizer we have brought this bag of Tostitos!"
What? And no salsa?? :roll: :lol:
augie

Post by augie »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:I say we move on to the feats of strength.
See, your God is all powerful - he can pick up a boat, and throw it right over a hedge!
Come see us!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:I say we move on to the feats of strength.
Airing of Grievances is too much fun.

Makes me feel better about myself to have everyone pick at the scabs of discord.

Wanna know what REALLY sucks and will make me the winner of this thread. Yesterday I was diagnosed with what may be an ulcer. The initial treatment to determine how bad it is? Nexium and NO BOOZE! I have to do the holidays sober!

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi...you're my only hope
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

I am loving Festivus musings! Last year my dad gave S/O a huge bottle of Gin (which we despise) and I received a long handled spade with a big bow on the end :roll: I guess it really is the thought that counts???
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Pip-

No booze, no problem.

There's nothing teenage boys like better than smoking pot.

Merry Christmas!
augie

Post by augie »

I want to hear the airing of grievances if, after the holiday season is over, pip's doc tells him that it wasn't an ulcer after all, and that laying off of the booze was an unnecessary precaution.
Come see us!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

bevm wrote:
PA Girl wrote:
bevm wrote:I'm convinced he does this stuff on purpose so my mother won't want to come here for Christmas...
Oh, I don't doubt that one bit. Bad behavior is his way of controlling the situation by playing the victim. He can make everyone else look "bad" as in "see, they think they are better then me because they don't hog down shrimp and don't wear headphones at the table" which, of course, you are better then him because you don't act like a fool.
He's just such a douche bag! (I'm sorry! But that's the best terminology I have). I just found a birthday card for him with a little girl with her finger up her nose and it said, "Celebrate your birthday with your usual style and class!". He didn't even know I was making fun of him....Moron.
Oh, and one year he chucked a toy at my nephew and hit him in the forehead. Made him cry and bleed so he's banned from my brother's house. So guess who's left? That's right me and Crash and a shitload of alcohol... :wink:
Holy Cow Bev! I know some real fruit loops and he sounds like he ranks right up there.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

augie wrote:I want to hear the airing of grievances if, after the holiday season is over, pip's doc tells him that it wasn't an ulcer after all, and that laying off of the booze was an unnecessary precaution.
should that happen, expect me to go on a Hunter S Thompson-esque bender when this is over. I'll go midget hunting!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

IT GETS BETTER!

So...my parents are taking the child to Disney. It was also forecast to snow here overnight.

My father picks her up yesterday and wonders aloud if they should get a hotel near RDU to avoid the 12 mile drive
"When did you lose your balls" I asked. "You grew up in NJ. Drive in it"
"Well...I know. We should be OK but I can't leave the dogs anyway"
"Leave the dogs where? You're leaving at 5:00 in the morning as it is. what difference would it make if you left at 10PM to go to a hotel"
"You know how I am. I need another night with them. they're like my children"

Yup...they're like his children. Having blown it on their 2 human sons, my parents adopted 4 dachshunds. Empty Nest much? Yup. So now they have 3 children (one died last year and there has been talk of how hard it is to outlive your children and that we should never have to experience such loss) who eat their own crap. the 2 human sons are developing into alcoholics.

Meanwhile...the plane went back to the gate to add more fuel and to await de-icing.

Is it time for feats of strength or should I continue?
bevm

Post by bevm »

A sober Christmas? OMG kill me now!
Hey Pip! I have a solution. Whay say we book a STJ trip so we aren't home for the holidays next year??