The Festivus Thread

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Sweetie...if you're buyin, I'm flyin
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Continue please
pipanale wrote:Yup...they're like his children. Having blown it on their 2 human sons, my parents adopted 4 dachshunds. Empty Nest much? Yup. So now they have 3 children (one died last year and there has been talk of how hard it is to outlive your children and that we should never have to experience such loss) who eat their own crap. the 2 human sons are developing into alcoholics.
They (the crazies) are all the same, truly all the same.

The freaking dogs. My ILs had a dog child and we were constantly berated for not loving it enough, not being concerned about its health, not petting it enough and so on. And yes, not getting the dog presents.

They (the ILs) bought a special camper/van with a generator attached to the back so they could take the dog with them where ever they went. MIL would order the dog its own meal at a restaurant and take it out to the camper.

Of course the dog's GI system was completely out of wack from the Bob Evans diet and it would shit all over the inside of the camper. FIL would call up in a state of distress about the dog being sick, my husband would say "quit f*cking feeding it mashed and gravy" FIL would then fly into a rage and accuse him of being jealous of the dog.

Towards the end of the relationship, they stopped coming to our house because our cat would beat the crap out of the dog. It was spectacular. Who says you can't train cats.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Bravo! Bra-frickin-vo!

Is there a group for people like us or is that why God invented rum?

I just learned that my mother is not allowed to wash my father's pants. We have no idea why.

Plane is still grounded...
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I must ask, where are the dildren? (dog children) Are they travelling as carry-on baggage?
Chet

Post by Chet »

pipanale wrote:...3 dachshunds....Is it time for feats of strength or should I continue?
JT knows where you can get a catapult. :evil:
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

pipanale wrote: I just learned that my mother is not allowed to wash my father's pants. We have no idea why.
One more then I will stop - My MIL restricted FIL to using only one particular bathroom in their huge mental institution of a house. (they had at least 5 full baths) He was only allowed to use the basement bathroom, in the house his money paid for. No idea why.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

dogs at home under the care of a neighbor.

Bathroom story...wow. My father banished himself to the guest bath because he didn't like the decorating of it. Now he's an interior decorator...with dirty pants
patr

Post by patr »

OMG! You guys are totally cracking me up! ROFLMAO!

Pass the eggnog - Happy Festivus to all! :D
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

pipanale wrote:Festivus is not a time for niceness.

Until you pin me, nobody goes home!
PIPANALE I needed this laugh today

Mine is a borther-in-law who thinks his wine is to good for you so he never shares his,
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

shoemak38 wrote:Mine is a borther-in-law who thinks his wine is to good for you so he never shares his
LOL - that is another good one! Sharing is the best part about good wine -
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

Best. Thread. Ever.
loria

Post by loria »

PA Girl wrote:Continue please
pipanale wrote:Yup...they're like his children. Having blown it on their 2 human sons, my parents adopted 4 dachshunds. Empty Nest much? Yup. So now they have 3 children (one died last year and there has been talk of how hard it is to outlive your children and that we should never have to experience such loss) who eat their own crap. the 2 human sons are developing into alcoholics.
They (the crazies) are all the same, truly all the same.

The freaking dogs. My ILs had a dog child and we were constantly berated for not loving it enough, not being concerned about its health, not petting it enough and so on. And yes, not getting the dog presents.

They (the ILs) bought a special camper/van with a generator attached to the back so they could take the dog with them where ever they went. MIL would order the dog its own meal at a restaurant and take it out to the camper.

Of course the dog's GI system was completely out of wack from the Bob Evans diet and it would shit all over the inside of the camper. FIL would call up in a state of distress about the dog being sick, my husband would say "quit f*cking feeding it mashed and gravy" FIL would then fly into a rage and accuse him of being jealous of the dog.

Towards the end of the relationship, they stopped coming to our house because our cat would beat the crap out of the dog. It was spectacular. Who says you can't train cats.
oh boy--dogs? now i can bitch.....my MIL is dog insane--she raises and trains a specific terrier breed and has canadian and American championsin obedience/agility/etc.....the dogs can do NOTHING wrong (they are barking shitfests as far as i can tell)--EVERYTHING is the dogs--no conversation is completel without somehow relateing it to the dogs--when i had my first born--she said 'you are a good brood bitch, you whelp well' seriously---WTF?
i could go on--it's totally nutty....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

OK, here is a question.

We have dogs, no children. Every holiday we spend a fortune on the 10 kids that all of our siblings have but they never give anything to our dogs. Should I be mad?
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Xislandgirl wrote:OK, here is a question.

We have dogs, no children. Every holiday we spend a fortune on the 10 kids that all of our siblings have but they never give anything to our dogs. Should I be mad?
It depends.

Are you mean, bat-shit crazy? Wearing dirty pants? Restricted (by self or spouse) to a designated bathroom? Fed your dogs bad chain restaurant meals as their only source of food? Have thoughts that run to ladders on a moments notice?

Answering yes to any of the above? You may get mad when people shaft your dogs in the present department.

(for the record, I have purchased presents for my cats as well as filled out gift tags stating To:Daddy From: Al and Cleo and I am not mean-crazy)
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

PA Girl wrote: It depends.

Are you mean, bat-shit crazy? Wearing dirty pants? Restricted (by self or spouse) to a designated bathroom? Fed your dogs bad chain restaurant meals as their only source of food? Have thoughts that run to ladders on a moments notice?

Answering yes to any of the above? You may get mad when people shaft your dogs in the present department.

(for the record, I have purchased presents for my cats as well as filled out gift tags stating To:Daddy From: Al and Cleo and I am not mean-crazy)
Wow...I think I have a new Internet Girlfriend. KellyAnna's been officially dumped.