let's play get to know the forum

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Terry

Post by Terry »

#3 is a lie?????

I remember your story about the stripers bodyguard, I LMFAO!!! Wasn't the striper a little person?
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Terry wrote:#3 is a lie?????

I remember your story about the stripers bodyguard, I LMFAO!!! Wasn't the stripper a little person?
Correct. #3 was Lewis Black, not Charlie Sheen.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Since Charlie Sheen was a black day in my threads...I pass this opportunity onto someone else that wants to play. Plus I already played this.

Anyone? How about Anthony?
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Ok...I'll play...here goes:

1. My first born were twins and weighed almost 12lbs. but only one survived.

2. By age 11 I was a State Champion clogger

3. I met my husband online thru a adult dating site we were married just a few months later

4. I sing with a local Bluegrass Music band
[/url]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

3? You met your husband through a child dating site and raised him to be the perfect husband?

:lol:
Up way too late tonight....
#1 would make me very sad, and I want to believe there's a singing clogger out there!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

mindehankins wrote:3? You met your husband through a child dating site and raised him to be the perfect husband?

:lol:
Up way too late tonight....
#1 would make me very sad, and I want to believe there's a singing clogger out there!
#3 is the truth...although I could have worded it alittle better..I didnt mean to make it sound xrated or anything..lol but we did infact meet online...:)
[/url]
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Okay formites you know this thread is like watching celebrity gossip shows. Admit it we all enjoy this forum (thank you Anthony) and the diverse things this group discusses. Further you have to admit the obscure tidbits you learning about your fellow members helps you get to know them better. But you have to help the process especially you lurkers here is your chance to post on a relatively safe subject obscure facts about yourself.

We need reading material during lunch breaks so i.e. we need new victims to come forward and give us obscure facts about themselves. Your reward will be something to read while you're at work and maybe learn that it's worth digging through and finding your old Beatles memorabilia and selling it on eBay might be a worthwhile effort. Or that Becky's camera abilities were nurtured during her rebellious high school years or that some of your fellow formites love visiting Monte Carlo. And that bouncers come in all sizes
It's either post here or watch Charlie Sheen
:roll:
Linward

Post by Linward »

We are rained in today (so what else is new in Oregon in March), so we'll contribute...

1) We motorcycled western North America sleeping under picnic tables when it rained.

2) Linda retired as chief of our fire department's ambulance.

3) Howard volunteered (at the age of 39)and served in the US Navy during Desert Storm.

4) We were attacked by giant moths on the island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas.
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

JJShaw, I'm going to guess that you don't sing, then?
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Minde

You are correct #4 is a lie..:)
[/url]
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Linward wrote:We are rained in today (so what else is new in Oregon in March), so we'll contribute...

1) We motorcycled western North America sleeping under picnic tables when it rained.

2) Linda retired as chief of our fire department's ambulance.

3) Howard volunteered (at the age of 39)and served in the US Navy during Desert Storm.

4) We were attacked by giant moths on the island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas.

I'll go with #4 as lie 8)

love the list
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Linward, I think #1 is the lie. :)
Linward

Post by Linward »

Shoemak38 - nope, #4 is true...these HUGE black moths were attracted by the porch light and were all over us, especially Linda, as we sat reading. When we related this event to our housekeeper, she said they were "lucky moths" and that we were going to come into money. 8)

CA Girl - #1 is also true...the first year we had our Gold Wing, we owned only sleeping bags and a tarp for camping gear; so when we encountered rain in the Rockies, we would put our bags under a picnic table and drape the top of it with a tarp. The biggest problem was when the lightning/thunder startled us, we would sit up suddenly and bang our heads on the underside of the table. :shock: Bought a tent next year.
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
lprof

Post by lprof »

# 3 is not true.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Linward

Post by Linward »

Iprof - You are correct. I did volunteer for Desert Storm as they needed trauma nurses, but because I had never served in the armed forces, I had to attend OIS (officers indoctrination school) for 6 weeks in Rhode Island. The war was over before I graduated. :P
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.