let's play get to know the forum

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
lprof

Re: let's play get to know the forum

Post by lprof »

GotToGetAway wrote:Since I brought up the subject of newcomers having a hard time mixing, I'll give it my best to jump in feet first here...

1. I have over 10 computer/tablet devices in my home for 2 adults and 2 children.
2. I declined admission to Cornell University because I didn't want to have my boogers freeze to my face walking to classes at 8 am in the winter.
3. I swear I have seen a ghost.
4. After I bought my first car (a 1984 Buick), I found $5000 stuffed in the glove compartment.
Good job! I'm thinking!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

I'll vote for #2 :D
lprof

Post by lprof »

I'm going with #4! I doubt that you found $5000.00 in the glove compartment. :shock:
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

#2 is true (I really dislike the cold).
lprof got it, I didn't find $5000. But after I sold the car, I stashed $500 from the sale in a box in my closet and found it years later.
Tickerless :(
lprof

Post by lprof »

The "winner" should not be required to post when TMI has already made the rounds!

One of these statements is not true... which one and why???

1. For a time I was the president of a corporate board of directors. We gave all our profits away.

2. During 44 years of marriage I have happily shared my house with 6 cats, 1 dog, 2 men, three mice, 1 crab, 3 snakes, numerous lizards and frogs, and 1 iguana.

3. On a recent trip to my home in the mountains of West Virginia I saw a full grown black bear less than a mile from my house.

4. There are young goats who have myotonic spells where they suddenly fall over if frightened. I have been know to suddenly fall completely over, backwards, without any warning, but not because I was frightened. Overcoming the fear of this happening again has been a challenge.
lprof

Post by lprof »

GotToGetAway wrote:Since I brought up the subject of newcomers having a hard time mixing, I'll give it my best to jump in feet first here...

1. I have over 10 computer/tablet devices in my home for 2 adults and 2 children.
2. I declined admission to Cornell University because I didn't want to have my boogers freeze to my face walking to classes at 8 am in the winter.
3. I swear I have seen a ghost.
4. After I bought my first car (a 1984 Buick), I found $5000 stuffed in the glove compartment.
I would really like to hear more about #3. :shock:
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

Lprof, all four of those statements ring true to me, but I question you owning an Iguana. :? Or was he just a visitor?
lprof

Post by lprof »

Florida Girl wrote:Lprof, all four of those statements ring true to me, but I question you owning an Iguana. :? Or was he just a visitor?
Nope, your question is not the answer... :roll: Manuel was purchased at a local reptile shop and resided with us for 7 years, I think, before being given to a colleague who lived in the country and had a larger cage. With more space, Manuela laid several unfertilized eggs and lived to be 10 or 11. We were happy to have her around, but I would not buy another iguana. When she was small and in an aquarium, she would escape and hid in pillow cases, behind furniture and in closets. If she was loose outside, she would dive to the bottom of the pool and sit there. Iguanas can bite, yet they have no teeth. Whipping the tail is also a defense.
I bought a lot of endive. And ripe fruit. It was never any trouble to get someone to pet sit the iguana… at our house.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

My returning to Europe post reminded me of this old thread, so I bumped it to the top for your reading pleasure :twisted: 8) :wink: