Football

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jimg20

Re: Football

Post by jimg20 »

I'm a Manning fan, but I am inclined to think his two interceptions and one fumble gave the Ravens new life.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

jimg20 wrote:I'm a Manning fan, but I am inclined to think his two interceptions and one fumble gave the Ravens new life.

JIM

And Pat's fans do not like Manning :twisted:
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Terry wrote:Manning didn't lose. Denver lost.

May the best teams play the Superbowl with good officiating.
with some good trash talk mixed in. :wink:
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Just have to say our Ravens were awesome! One of the best games ever!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Ravens vs Pat's round 2 next week :) :) :) :) :)

Ravens you can miss another field goal if you like :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

About Football has compiled a list of the top ten football jokes intended to zing the fans of rival teams. Simply insert your most-hated NFL team into the content of each football joke where indicated!

1. A Voice in the Darkness
The Seven Dwarfs were marching through the forest one day they fell in a deep, dark ravine. Snow White, who was following along, peered over the edge of the steep chasm and called out to the fallen dwarfs. From the depths of the dark hole a voice returned, "The (insert team) are Super Bowl contenders."
Snow White thought to herself, "Thank God... at least Dopey's survived!"

2. It's a Wonder
Why do (insert team) players keep their Wonderlic results on their dash boards?
So they can park in the handicap spaces.

3. Kissin' Cousins
What do you get when you put the girlfriends of a dozen (insert team) fans in one room?
A full set of teeth!

4. Grounded
Why did the (insert team) players miss their flight for the big game?
They were stuck on a broken escalator!

5. Hit and Run
If you see a (insert team) fan on a bike, why should you not swerve to hit him?
It could be your bike

6. A Day at the Beach
What do you get if you see a (insert team) fan buried up to his neck in sand?
More sand!

7. No Way Out
You're trapped in a room with an angry grizzly bear, a hungry Lion, and a fan of(insert team). You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?
Shoot the (insert team) fan… twice.

8. On the Bright Side
What do you call a (insert team) fan with half a brain?
Gifted!

9. Playing Possum
Why are the (insert team) like a possum?
Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

10. Licking the Problem
What did the average (insert team) player get on his Wonderlic test?
Drool!
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Shoemak, naw we got rid of that kicker. Hope your QB doesn't wear his dress...such a girl! :)
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

cocosmom wrote:Shoemak, naw we got rid of that kicker. Hope your QB doesn't wear his dress...such a girl! :)
Will Flacco try to play outside of himself to try and prove that he’s elite? :roll:
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

From our local tv

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (WHDH) -- Come early, stay late. Team above self, or else.
The New England Patriots’ philosophy, the Patriot Way, is a way of life.
“We always talk about if you want to be a good football team you’ll never be stuck in rush-hour traffic,” said Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo.
It’s not about being a player, but also a person. The philosophy starts at the top with ownership and the Kraft family and extends through every corner of the organization.
“The first thing that comes to your mind is you can’t be selfish playing here. It’s not about you. It’s team. If you buy into that you’ll be very successful,” said New England Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork.
The Patriots’ formula is championship tested, Lombardi Trophy approved. So much so that it has become a tradition passed on from year to year and player to player.
“I learned a long time ago when Tedy Bruschi, [Steve] Raible, Willie McGinest, Rodney Harrison, [Richard] Seymour. I learned from some of the best that played around here,” said Wilfork.
Everybody learns no exceptions. Even the Patriots oldest and longest tenured player took his turn.
“I was one of those guys that had to learn that too. When Tedy Bruschi took me aside and Willie McGinest took me aside and Lawyer Milloy took me aside, and I think that’s part of the responsibility as a veteran player that you learn from these experiences and you try to convey the message to some of the younger players so they don’t have to learn the hard way,” said quarterback Tom Brady.
There is only one way. The message is simple and it’s been the same since Bill Belichick took the reins.
“I think coach always talks about doing your job so that’s -- you do your job so that everyone around you can do their job. When people trust each other then you can play with anticipation and confidence,” said Brady.
The Patriot Way may not be the most exciting kind of football, but it’s hard to argue with winning. Especially with a franchise that, with a win on Sunday, will tie the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers with most Super Bowl appearances in NFL history.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/spor ... z2ICSP0OPS

FOXBOROUGH (AP) - There's something about the Baltimore Ravens that brings out the worst in Tom Brady.

Against most teams, he plays like one of the NFL's best quarterbacks. Against the Ravens, he gets outplayed by Joe Flacco.

On Sunday, Brady leads the New England Patriots against the Ravens in the AFC championship game for the second straight year. He's 5-2 in his career against them but other statistics are less impressive.

His 58.6 completion percentage and 74.1 passer rating are the lowest against any of his opponents. The Ravens are the only team he's thrown more interceptions against (eight) than touchdowns (seven). And they've sacked him 16 times, one of five teams averaging more than two per game.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/206063 ... z2ICT1nJLZ

BOSTON (CBS) — Last week, a Boston columnist earned a lot of national attention for expressing over-the-top optimism for the home team. This week, some Baltimore sports writers are taking the opposite route.

Members of the Baltimore Sun sports staff gave their predictions for Sunday evening’s AFC Championship Game in Foxboro, and five of the seven people said that the Patriots will beat the Ravens.

Kevin Cowherd, Edward Lee, Matt Vensel, Aaron Wilson and Jeff Zrebiec all picked the Patriots to come out on top. Four of them called for a close margin of victory of four or fewer points, while Cowherd forecast a nine-point Patriots win.

“The Ravens will need more than emotion from Ray Lewis’ ‘last ride’ to neutralize Vince Wilfork in the middle of the Patriots D-line,” Cowherd wrote.

“I’m not a big believer in the whole ‘Team of Destiny’ storyline, but the Ravens are making it hard not to at least contemplate the possibility, Zrebiec wrote. “However, it’s even harder to go against Bill Belichick and Tom Brady in a big game at home.”

The two writers who picked Baltimore, Mike Preston and Peter Schmuck, called for tight games that are decided by a field goal.

“The Ravens have already proved the oddsmakers dead wrong once and now they are going to do it again,” Schmuck wrote. “They’re on a mission and they’ve already proven they can compete with the Patriots in the postseason at Gillette Stadium. Now, it’s time to get over the hump.”

“Quarterback Joe Flacco and the offensive line are hot, and desire and the law of averages should put the Ravens over the top,” wrote Preston.
Last edited by shoemak38 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Bad Lip Reading visits the National Football League

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ce-QT7MGSE
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

cocosmom wrote:Just have to say our Ravens were awesome! One of the best games ever!
good game Cocosmom

good luck in 2 weeks
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Thanks Shoemak! Super Bowl Baby...love those Ravens! Spent my first 22 years in MA, almost double that in MD..had to put up with obnoxious relative posts on FB for the first half. Makes the win even better.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Glad the Ravens won! Made our loss not hurt so bad.

I am the new Ravens fan! (Until next season..then back to GO BRONCOS). :lol: 8) :? :wink:
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Terry wrote:Glad the Ravens won! Made our loss not hurt so bad.

I am the new Ravens fan! (Until next season..then back to GO BRONCOS). :lol: 8) :? :wink:
Now it makes three
The fans from the three top finishers at the end of the season all are in the same boat Sad :evil:

I'm thinking SF is going to win :roll:

However I will not bet on my belief, my guess is the team with the most mistakes will lose :wink:
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

RAVENS were underdogs for the two playoff games and are once again underdogs for the Super Bowl...Bring it on!