Requesting Prayers for a Fellow Forumite

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Tracy in WI

Requesting Prayers for a Fellow Forumite

Post by Tracy in WI »

Hi everyone -

A fellow forumite, Scott (traveler22) and his wife were planning to share a painkiller with me next week as we celebrated our trips to St. John and our stay at Sunset Ridge.

Scott was diagnosed with a brain tumor several months back and had surgery and treatments and was on the road to recovery. At a recent doctor visit he learned that the tumor had returned and was bigger than before.

Scott is a good soul and I met him briefly a few years ago when I was up at Sunset Ridge by myself with my 10 year old son. He stopped in to check on me and even gave us an unused treat of a free drink at Shipwreck Landing. We were hoping to see Scott, his wife and family again next week. He has had to cancel his trip to focus on his recovery.

I ask that you help me in praying for a complete recovery for Scott, and strength for his wife, children and doctors.

Get well Scott!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Tracy, I knew Scott had a recent trip (right?) but didn't know he was planning to return. I'm sorry to hear about his set back. I will offer some prayers for him and his family.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

He was there with friends a few months back and was planning to head down on the 17th with his family and another family.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Sending prayers, courage and wisdom!
loria

Post by loria »

oh no--that's not good news at all--
I'm pulling for you Scott!!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Oh Tracy, such sad news. Thank You for the update and we will certainly keep Scott and his family in our thoughts and prayers. I have exchanged PM's with Scott regarding Sunset Ridge as we are fellow owners as well. I know how much he loves his little piece of paradise, as we all do.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I'm sending good vibes and healing thoughts to Scott! Hang in there Scott!!!
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Scott (traveler22), try to stay as focused as possible on everything good in your daily life. There is nothing too small to be happy about- the sun, a good breakfast, a strong hug. Don't be anxious about what the future holds because it is yet undertermined. You are here, in the now. Lean on the ones who love you. They want to support you, they want to be there for you. Let them.
lprof

Post by lprof »

Scott, sending caring thoughts to you and your family... especially for comfort and time. Hold on to the hope.

Hope encourages the heart to move forward through the trials of today; it shines a light of assurance into the darkest places of uncertainty; it places secure stepping stones upon every river that needs to be crossed - Roy Lessin
... no longer a stranger to paradise
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

God hears all prayers. Will send up some for you Scott.

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
conchman

live strong

Post by conchman »

Peace to you and yours...we have moved our retirement trip of a lifetime, up to next year for same type of reasons...remember all...

"Live like you were ....." live each day to our best...

Thoughts and prayers,
Conchman.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

"If I had trouble the warranty said, Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On"
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Prayers being sent up for Scott and his family. Also, for Conchman I hope you both get back on your feet quickly so you all can make it back to our favorite place.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
toni

Post by toni »

Sending positve thoughts his way...
Toni
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

I enjoyed reading his trip report from last year and am so sad to hear of his setback. Our best to him and his family. He was nice enough to reach out to me via pm when we were researching our last trip to STJ. I hope that he is able to share that painkiller again soon.
[/url]
Coden

Post by Coden »

Sending the best of wishes for Scott, his family and caregivers.
Coden