ways of rising / catching / cooking Iguana

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
shoemak38

ways of rising / catching / cooking Iguana

Post by shoemak38 »

Stealing an idea from Frank Barnako story
Let’s start a thread about ways of rising / catching / cooking Iguana

I’ll start
Smoked Iguana
First you need to catch three Iguana to do this buy three Maine Lobster traps and bait each with a head of lettuce.
Set up smoker once hot add three Iguana and close lid so they cannot run away. Smoke for 5 hours.
Remove and enjoy with beer (lots of) and hot sauce
djmom

Re: ways of rising / catching / cooking Iguana

Post by djmom »

Pickled Iguana

Allow iguana to swim in tub of rum until thoroughly pickled. You will know when it is ready when it pees in the tub, starts cursing and trying to bum cigarettes.

Remove iguana, reserve rum for later. Peel iguana carefully, saving skin for use as the ugliest cocktail purse ever. Chop meat into bite sized morsels.

Fill mason jars with iguana pieces and pour reserved rum over, covering iguana completely. Seal jars.

Use remaining rum for iguana shots (recipe to follow)
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

These are hilarious! I don't have a good recipe, but I'm certainly enjoying yours! :lol: :lol:
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

djmom wrote:Pickled Iguana

Allow iguana to swim in tub of rum until thoroughly pickled. You will know when it is ready when it pees in the tub, starts cursing and trying to bum cigarettes.

Remove iguana, reserve rum for later. Peel iguana carefully, saving skin for use as the ugliest cocktail purse ever. Chop meat into bite sized morsels.

Fill mason jars with iguana pieces and pour reserved rum over, covering iguana completely. Seal jars.

Use remaining rum for iguana shots (recipe to follow)
OMG the bolded made me laugh!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

need more ways :twisted:
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

GRILLED IGUANA PATE

Step 1: Rent a gorgeous villa with a large outdoor area with a pool and outdoor grill. Sooner or later an iguana will show up to leave a "deposit" on the pool deck that will look like a large dog had a bowel problem.

Step 2: Start the grill to preheat. Walk around oblivious on said pool deck without shoes. Sooner or later you will step in the aforementioned deposit and find the motivation to hunt down the iguana culprit.

Step 3: Hop around on one foot cursing and yelling, trying to shake off said deposit while scanning the trees around the pool area. Sooner or later you will spot the culprit by the knowing smirk on his face.

Step 4: Gather up fallen coconuts, conch shells, empty rum bottles and the abandoned flip flops that you SHOULD have been wearing and launch them at the culprit until he falls from the tree and lies stunned on the ground.

Step 5: A few quick smacks from a snorkle fin will render the culprit helpless and wipe that $#@*!! smirk off his face.

Step 6: Triumphantly yell out " I got you, you b-----rd - see how you like THIS!" as you drizzle the Iguana with good quality olive oil, wrap in foil and place in the center of the hot grill. (A generous sprinkling of Cruz Bay Grill Spice is optional.)

Step 7: Grill about 45 minutes or long enough to have about a half a bottle of Cruzan Coconut on ice. Allow to cool slightly.

Step 8: Place the grilled iguana into the blender with a handful of cilantro, a squeeze of lime, two avocados and two ounces of tequila. Blend on high speed until that little sucker is no longer smirking.

Step 9: Serve immediately on toast points or crackers with the other half bottle of coconut rum on ice. BON APPETIT!!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Lindy wrote:GRILLED IGUANA PATE

Like :lol:
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

:lol: Love all of them!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Oh my Lord, these are hilarious! So many creative Iguana Chefs! I don't have a recipe but remember the time my daughter stayed at Harmony. The pet iguana shows up on deck by the grocery and info booth. The nice lady who runs the info booth is explaining how long the Iguana (she had a name) had been hanging out at Maho. My daughter proceeds to feed her banana slices....big mistake. The Iguana started swallowing profusely and choking...had to climb the tree to get the banana down. The nice lady said, "who the hell fed her banana? Don't you know ...." Something about salivary glands and not being able to swallow it.. My daughter silently walked into the sunset. To this day she feels so bad about the poor food choice as iguanas are #2 only behind her adoration for manatees. :roll:
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Ok now, you and the lil missus is walkin home frum a good day of doin yur cumunity servis hours when you come across a freshly hit lguana. Bonus…… Yud bin havin a hankerin fur chilli and there it lays in front of ya……follow the instruksions I'm about ta give ya, an yur on yur way to a kulinery delight, jus remember to remove any gravel….it's hard on yur tooth.

4 lbs ground lguana 1-1/2 tbsp, comino seeds
5 cloves minced garlic 1 tbsp, salt
5 tbsp chilli powder 1 tbsp, white pepper
2-1/2 tbsp. paprika 2 quarts water

Brown meat in a small aount of grease in a kettle, add garlic, chilli powder, paprika, comino seeds, salt and pepper. Stir in 2 quarts of water. Cover and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, about 3 hours. If more water is needed during cooking, add 1 c. at a time, it may be serves as is or with equal parts cooked beans or red kidney beans. Makes 3-1/2 quarts.

MMMmmmm MMMmmmm good, top this meal off with sum ekspensiv wine, you know the kind in the box, and yu'll be livin hi on the hog. AAIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

shoemak38 wrote:Ok now, you and the lil missus is walkin home frum a good day of doin yur cumunity servis hours when you come across a freshly hit lguana. Bonus…… Yud bin havin a hankerin fur chilli and there it lays in front of ya……follow the instruksions I'm about ta give ya, an yur on yur way to a kulinery delight, jus remember to remove any gravel….it's hard on yur tooth.

4 lbs ground lguana 1-1/2 tbsp, comino seeds
5 cloves minced garlic 1 tbsp, salt
5 tbsp chilli powder 1 tbsp, white pepper
2-1/2 tbsp. paprika 2 quarts water

Brown meat in a small aount of grease in a kettle, add garlic, chilli powder, paprika, comino seeds, salt and pepper. Stir in 2 quarts of water. Cover and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, about 3 hours. If more water is needed during cooking, add 1 c. at a time, it may be serves as is or with equal parts cooked beans or red kidney beans. Makes 3-1/2 quarts.

MMMmmmm MMMmmmm good, top this meal off with sum ekspensiv wine, you know the kind in the box, and yu'll be livin hi on the hog. AAIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
:D