Prayers Needed

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
greyhoundmom

Prayers Needed

Post by greyhoundmom »

One of my best friends invited me and my daughter to Boca Grande this summer. She has been trying to get me to come for years but it has always been my rock time. This June we finally went for a week and so glad we did. Their place is on Park Street, a block of a building that houses family quarters upstairs with several other apts., downstairs Sotheby's Realty and Temptation Bar and Grill. Two blocks from the ocean, beautiful location. The living quarters were a walk back in time to the 60's. My friend's in-laws have been there forever....looking at all the old fixtures and pieces...a place surely loved by children and grands.

My friend's in-laws made nine hour trip on Monday from Holly Hill, SC to Boca. Her father-in-law arrived, carried a cooler up a steep set of stairs, sat down in his recliner and had a massive stroke. Airlifted to Sarasota. He has been unresponsive, severe brain bleed. Today they discontinued life support. He is 76 years old and too soon. He worked very hard his whole life to have his piece of paradise. His children are now sitting with him and waiting. Such a hard thing to lose a parent, he was too young.
mindehankins

Re: Prayers Needed

Post by mindehankins »

Here come some from New York! Praying for recovery, a miracle, and for strength for all of you family and loved ones. I'm so sorry!