Prayers Needed

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
greyhoundmom

Prayers Needed

Post by greyhoundmom »

One of my best friends invited me and my daughter to Boca Grande this summer. She has been trying to get me to come for years but it has always been my rock time. This June we finally went for a week and so glad we did. Their place is on Park Street, a block of a building that houses family quarters upstairs with several other apts., downstairs Sotheby's Realty and Temptation Bar and Grill. Two blocks from the ocean, beautiful location. The living quarters were a walk back in time to the 60's. My friend's in-laws have been there forever....looking at all the old fixtures and pieces...a place surely loved by children and grands.

My friend's in-laws made nine hour trip on Monday from Holly Hill, SC to Boca. Her father-in-law arrived, carried a cooler up a steep set of stairs, sat down in his recliner and had a massive stroke. Airlifted to Sarasota. He has been unresponsive, severe brain bleed. Today they discontinued life support. He is 76 years old and too soon. He worked very hard his whole life to have his piece of paradise. His children are now sitting with him and waiting. Such a hard thing to lose a parent, he was too young.
CBama

Re: Prayers Needed

Post by CBama »

prayers sent...

so sorry for the illness....
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

This is so very sad. You just never know what life will throw at you and when. Prayers going out for your friend and her family. I will also pray for you, so that you may find a way to bring her some comfort in a very difficult time.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Soooo sorry. It can happen in a heartbeat.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I'm so sorry. Prayers for comfort, peace and understanding for all.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

What a horrible tragedy. Yes. Way, way too young.

My parents lived in Sarasota, I know that area well. And, the hospital.

Last fall, my mother passed away, thankfully, in her own room, at the retirement community that they lived in. But then, only three months later, my father passed away, at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. I know the place well. He was in ICU for weeks.

The hospital psychologist was wonderful with me as my father was passing away. I was alone with him, the rest of my family was not able to be there. Hopefully, your dear friend has family nearby and the same support that I had, with the hospital staff.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

My friend's father-in-law passed away yesterday. She spent the night with me last night as all of her family members are still in Sarasota. As she relayed to me, it was comforting to the family because the hospital chaplain had just said a prayer with the family, said amen and her father-in-law took his last breath. Thank you for all of the good thoughts.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

My best wishes for all involved.
I'm so sorry.
MJ
AH

Post by AH »

Sending hugs your way.