Good online sandals sales/clearance sales?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
mindehankins

Good online sandals sales/clearance sales?

Post by mindehankins »

Hey, if any of you happen across any killer sales on sandals, could you come give me a heads' up? I'm taking my daughter to STJ in January to celebrate her graduation. She's a starving college student - and getting her geared up is starting to become costly. I was caught off guard already, by how much more expensive "in season" visits are!
She only owns flips flops and fancy sandals. I anticipate some hikes, so want her to have something comfortable and safe. If you see any great sales I'd sure appreciate hearing about it!
Joppa

Re: Good online sandals sales/clearance sales?

Post by Joppa »

Cabela's has a pair for under $50 but only if she wears a size 11. If that doesn't work, I found these.....
http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/_/_ ... ducts.aspx
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thanks, Joppa. There were a couple of pairs there that I thought she might wear, but not in the 1/2 size she's used to. I know we're taking a chance anyway, with fit.
Wish I'd known we could take this trip when there were still sandals available in stores!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Hi,
I know it's close to your vacation time,but I just saw this. Have you looked at Zappos.com under the sale section? I just looked and they have some good deals. They ship right out free, with free return. Have a fun trip 8)
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thank you, Paula, but I found her some. We'll find out tomorrow if they fit, and if not, I'll order a couple pair from zappos and return what she doesn't like. Pretty narrow window I'm working with :wink:
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

6pm.com is my favorite site and you might be able to get them but the shipping may not be worth it!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Well, they didn't fit :( I knew I was taking a chance. I just took another one, and ordered my favorite sandal in her size. Fingers crossed again. Mini-me may be in flip flops after all!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Minde, if you cannot find anything before you leave, check the sandal selection at either big planet in Mongoose or Low Key. I have really nice teva sandals from both. Sometimes big planet has them for 50% off. They are sturdy enough for hiking. I also wear them into the water where the entry is rocky. They have Velcro straps and I just attach them to my board shorts once I put my fins on.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thank you! I don't know why that didn't even cross my mind!