Best off topic trivia/amazing trivia you received in 2012

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
shoemak38

Best off topic trivia/amazing trivia you received in 2012

Post by shoemak38 »

in Massachusetts, the New Year's Eve tradition is to order takeout Chinese and also here in southern New Hampshire (basically half the population is from Massachusetts). So being the rebellious type will do Mexican instead. So I have time to kill, I thought I would start a new thread to help Anthony increase his website hits.
What was your best piece of interesting trivia derived from the off-topic forum, In 2012 and as is my custom, I'll start first

Thank to Linda (IProf).

IPROF introduced us this interesting blogger from Wisconsin, who must spend an awful lot of time reading because he sure does have some great tidbits of knowledge making a great read over lunch. The biggest tidbit he blogged about was how the forest did not decay for over 1 million years the earth would have these massive fires, which turned into charcoal and later into fossil fuels
http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/
lprof

Re: Best off topic trivia/amazing trivia you received in 201

Post by lprof »

Hello, my friend! I am pretty sure that mindehankins was my source for that blog link. I do read it from time to time... today's post....... Mama Scorpions.
Not what I want to find under my bed! :shock:

Best trivia/amazing trivia from 2012... will have to think about that.
I did enjoy the thread when you and I traveled to Monaco, but it was not this year. :lol:
Thanks for all the jokes of 2012!!!

Happy New Year... may you find many laughs along your way in 2013!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
mindehankins

Re: Best off topic trivia/amazing trivia you received in 201

Post by mindehankins »

:) LOVE that blog. I can't think of all the amazing things I've learned there. I was very interested in the hidden mother, and there was one about sexualized female sculptures in buildings that was interesting and kind of creepy.
The most personally helpful thing I learned in the OT forum was the sugar cookie recipe that Lindy posted. I was able to make really good sugar cookies for the first time in my life!
There is such an amazing, diverse group of people who post here. They definitely enhance my life - from book recommendations to recipes to reading trip reports and great jokes! Thank YOU, shoemak!