St. Pete area?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Connie

St. Pete area?

Post by Connie »

We were LucKy enough to get a free ticket on US Air.

We want to visit our cousins. One lives in St. Pete near Treasure Island and one lives in Bradenton.

Can anybody suggest a place to stay that would be close to each of them? We want to get together with them, but don't want to impose on either.

We would like to stay in a clean place, preferably with at least a fridge a microwave and close to the beach.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
AquaGirl

Re: St. Pete area?

Post by AquaGirl »

Hi Connie
I haven't stayed in the Bradenton or St Pete areas, just driven through. We have only stayed in Sarasota (Siesta Key) and Venice. We've driven through St Pete Beach and through Anna Maria Island, which is very close to Bradenton. IMO, Anna Maria Island was a very pleasant and low key area, with several beautiful parks on the water. I remember several people on the forum had recommended staying there. You might do a search of Anna Maria on the forum to see if you can find those threads. It seemed like a lot of small, older style motels on the beaches there, but there may be some newer condos there too. If I was going to stay in that area, I would probably pick something on AM Island.

For St Pete, we drove through an area at the south end called Pass-A-Grille. From my recollection, it was a low key, pleasant area as well. St Pete seemed more built up and "Ocean City like" for my tastes, but I am sure there are nice areas there as well.

Note that you whether you stay in Anna Maria, or in St Pete, you will take the big Sunshine Skyway bridge to cross Tampa Bay to get to the other location. Not a big deal, just wanted to point it out.

I love that area of Florida. Its nice to have a free ticket. Happy trip planning!
Connie

Post by Connie »

A long time ago, when my Husbands Mom and Dad were alive, they took us to Pass-a-grill. They loved it much. I looked up some places to stay and came across Sabal Palms. Looks like cute Inn.

Just booked it tonight. They have bikes and chairs for the beach and it just felt "right".

Thanks for your info. Looking forward to a beach and seeing the cousins.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We used to get to that area to visit my in-laws. My husband and I both really enjoyed St. Pete Beach and Pass-A-Grill.

We eat here every visit

http://www.wharfrestaurant.org/

There is lots of outdoor seating and we would always see dolpins. It really casual but with an extensive menu. Think the Beach Bar but with a "real" menu.

I know you already found a place to stay but this was always on my wish list -

http://postcardinn.com/