St Thomas Humane Society in DESPERATE need of help

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
bdkane

St Thomas Humane Society in DESPERATE need of help

Post by bdkane »

Hi All - Im so sorry to post such a depressing topic here but knowing all the Love and the connections between the forum and The USVI I am hoping some of us can help...

The St Thomas Humane Society is in desperate need of space - so desperate in fact they had to euthanize an animals this weekend ("Betty" R.I.P. girl...) , and state they may have to continue this practice until they are no longer overcrowded - if you know anyone that can assist in transporting an animal to the States, they mention specifically LA or Boston you may be able to help, they are also looking for Fosters on ST Thomas as well as Airline Travel crates and of course ADOPTERS. You can find more information on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Humane-S ... 2226625939, they can be contacted at 340-775-0599 or info@hsstt.com.

Again - I apologize for the depressing post - I just cant think of a better place or better group of people to help out and to spread this info with others. Be well - John

This is a posting I found on the ST John ACC FB page as well- truly heartbreaking-
Animal Care Center of St. John shared Humane Society of St Thomas's album: R.I.P. BETTY (01/19/2013.
The St Thomas Humane Society was forced to euthanize Betty due to overcrowding at the shelter. They have not had to do this for a long time and our hearts are heavy for the staff and volunteers. This Shelter takes in so many dogs per year and they do not have the room to house them all. They send as many as they can to shelters in the states, but like many shelters they are forced with difficult decisions due to no room. They have put out many pleas for help with fostering until they have room, and no one responded. They are still overcrowded and need homes (perm or foster) for at least two more dogs or they will have to make another difficult decision this week. If you can help them with transport to the states or foster for any of their dogs, please contact them.

R.I.P. BETTY (01/19/2013
On Saturday, 01/19/13, a very hard decision was made to euthanize Betty. In the end, she was put down because no one came forward to foster or adopt her after all these months. She will be missed greatly. ♥
By: Humane Society of St Thomas
Photos: 3
mindehankins

Re: St Thomas Humane Society in DESPERATE need of help

Post by mindehankins »

I'll keep this in mind when we go back, and hopefully we'll be able to help. RIP Betty. :(
bdkane

Re: St Thomas Humane Society in DESPERATE need of help

Post by bdkane »

Thank you :!: