CapOne World MC includes Trip Insurance (!)

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jmq

CapOne World MC includes Trip Insurance (!)

Post by jmq »

Just found out my Capital One "World MasterCard" happens to include Trip Insurance as one of its perks. Shame on me for not realizing this sooner as no doubt we have probably purchased this separately at some time when we didnt need to. Was also told we can convert it the no-fee Venture with same benefits but get 1.25x rewards.

From info sheet:
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE
World MasterCard cardholders can benefit from the security and safety offered through Trip Cancellation Insurance. When you purchase your full fare on a licensed common carrier with your World MasterCard card, you, your spouse, and your unmarried dependent children are automatically covered for the unexpected, unrefundable cancellation or interruption of prepaid travel arrangements, lost or stolen belongings, and medical or legal emergencies.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
loria

Re: CapOne World MC includes Trip Insurance (!)

Post by loria »

JMQ.. are the keywords there full fare? just wondering-- since i i will go get that card in a heartbeat-- but we often fly on miles (probably not covered) or buy discounted fares..... so.... just wondering what this means since it sounds really good !
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
jmq

Post by jmq »

Loria - here is link to pdf with full details

http://www.capitalone.com/worldmasterca ... _C1_02_T_Z
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
CBama

Post by CBama »

thanks... I will be checking my cards before I purchase airline tickets...that is a great help...and I may change cards....