Info needed Citizens Campaign for Environment

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
EagleRayLover

Info needed Citizens Campaign for Environment

Post by EagleRayLover »

Hi girls and guys!
My oldest son has been offered a position with this company, Citizen Campaign for Environment ,based in New York and Connecticut. I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience or information about this non profit organization - positive or negative. I have looked on the web and found some info, but just hoped maybe some in the area could give me more info!
Thank youse much!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
loria

Re: Info needed Citizens Campaign for Environment

Post by loria »

Hi ERL, would he be doing 'fundraising"? they canvass A LOT in the area-- and assume that they run their canvass the same way that other organizatiosn do (you need to make a quota nightly ) etc-- or is there another position that he has been offered?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
loria

Post by loria »

FWIW. I do support citizen's campaign--you can IM me here or on FB for more info
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Thanks Loria. I think initially he would be a canvassing kid. He is talking to them more on Monday about specific quotas and what his pay is. He really is into environmental activism so,I think this may happen. ( though part of me just wishes he would move to St. John!) thank you so much for the info!
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

I did it for one day, and never got paid.
Walking around strange neighborhoods until 10 pm knocking on people's doors is not the safest of jobs.
Tickerless :(
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Thanks everyone - I am giving my son all your input. I can only give him guidance- I can't make the decision. Hmmm.. Do this job or come to St John????