Sanibel island

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
beach1

Sanibel island

Post by beach1 »

Looking for places to stay on Sanibel Island, Florida for 8-10 people, parents and 20 year old children. Never been there and the searching is a little overwhelming!! Looking for a house or condo on or near beaches. Also any info on things to do or see would be great! Thanks
Knolmom

Re: Sanibel island

Post by Knolmom »

Tween Waters Inn would be my first choice. They do have a great website. VIP realty has a nice website for rehouse rentals. The nicest places IMHO are on Captiva as the sun sets directly out over the ocean. On Sanibel it sets " up the beach ". So you are taking pics of the people and the sand for the sunset. VRBO and home away have some nice offerings. But I still feel that Tween Waters or one of the houses down on Any Rosse La in Captiva where u can walk up the block to the beach and quite a few restaurants is a great place to start looking.
Connie

Re: Sanibel island

Post by Connie »

First of all...we LOVE Sanibel and we're going again next May with some newbies and some others who have already been there. There will be 8 adults and 2 small children. We always rent at Sandpiper Beach which is a small condo complex off of Middle Gulf Drive. We rent the first and second floor. Basically the same layout of the units, owned by twin brothers. Great guys. They have everything you could need in the unit including 4 bikes, umbrellas, chairs, toys, etc.

Each unit has a large Master and second bedroom with 2 twins.....there is also a pull out in the LR. Nice pool and a short walk over a canal to the beach. Also, 2 full baths, washer/ dryer.

As far as things to do? Don't get me wrong, because I love Captiva, but it is very tiny with limited options for eating out and other things to do. I prefer it for a day trip.

In Sanibel, biking is a big thing. We basically leave our car at the condo and ride everywhere. We ride to the food stores and to lunch. You can ride your bike through Ding Darling or drive your car through. Fishing is good in Sanibel and if you don't have rods, you can rent them right on Sanibel. Mopeds are great for Sanibel too. And of course, shelling. Beautiful shells and addicting. There is also a great newer fast boat out of the Marina where you will definetly see dolphins jumping in the wake. It takes you around Sanibel and Captiva. It was well worth it.

If you want to see the sunsets, you can drive right out to the causeway. Beautiful. Just take your chairs and hang around.

Some of my best memories and either sitting on screened in patio and watching the lightning storms over the gulf. Also, without light pollution, you will never see more stars in your life.

Email me if you need anymore info.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"