A Cape Cod season

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
liamsaunt

A Cape Cod season

Post by liamsaunt »

Everyone's been talking about Maine so I thought I would put in a plug for Cape Cod :D

John and I have been doing long weekends on the Outer Cape for the past couple of years. This past season we spent five long weekends in the spring and early summer plus 10 days over the Labor Day period out in Wellfleet, Eastham, and a little bit in Chatham also. We prefer the Outer Cape, which seems less crowded and also has the National Seashore beaches and hiking trails. It only takes us an hour and 45 minutes to get from our house to the house we rent in Wellfleet, and it feels like a whole other world. Here are some sample pics from 2013:

It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jmq

Re: A Cape Cod season

Post by jmq »

Nice! Some great shots. Thanks for sharing.

Like you haven't been to Maine in years, we've only been to the Cape once and that was like 15+ yrs ago, excluding the small part to get to Nantucket a few yrs ago. I would like to get back up there, and also out to Long Island forks again (which is more like New England than NY) - maybe next Sept - that would be a fine time to go.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

Beautiful pictures....makes me want to go there! Thanks for sharing.... :mrgreen:
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Nice pics. Marcia and I were there last week. We had a great lunch at Mac's in Wellfleet.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Aaaaahhhhh - my happy place :)
janet
linne

Post by linne »

Cape Cod looks really wonderfull. Another place I would like to see once.

Your pictures are as always great.

Linne
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Beautiful! We had a lovely week in Cape Cod in July, 2004. But then we met St. John. Haha. Honestly, from PA the airport plus flight time is the same 7 hours. Also, we got swept up in college visits for 2 of those years and squeezed in Belize and Europe too. Now that #2 is in college, we are hoping to take more long weekends.
Terry

Post by Terry »

We were on the Cape many years ago and loved it! Camped there for 3 nights and ate fresh lobster from a restaurant that was getting ready to close for the evening. They boxed it up for us and we ate it at our campsite. Loved it!

You should be writing a book with all of your travels and great photos.

T.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We love New England and used to spend many weekends a season on Block Island but the drive is too brutal anymore. You are lucky to live so close.
Connie

Post by Connie »

We love Cape Cod. We're lucky enough to have friends who have a cottage in Chatham.

I was always under the impression that Cape Cod was small....wow, was I wrong. We love all the towns...so cute and quaint.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

The clams in the picture have me ready to head to the Cape right now - miss those living in the VI.
I always thought that "steamahs" on the Cape were soft shell but those cherrystones are the best.