Shut off the water, please

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Terry

Re: Shut off the water, please

Post by Terry »

Today is Monday, 9/23. It rained all night, AGAIN! Considering that this flood started on 9/11, is getting a bit old. These displaced families, they are living day to day on the streets, with friends, in a hotel room. Kids being home schooled because they have to live miles from their original school and friends.

I'm trying to figure out where my time can be best spent. I am thinking the FEMA center at the mall in the daycare area. Reading, rocking, feeding, changing diapers for those families that need time to get assistance. Everyone is chiming in to help. Some are being turned away, which tells me that this is community that dives in to help. That is a good thing and makes me proud to live here.

I also have sorrow for the people in Chicago and the folks in Kenya. Life sure deals some bad hands. :(

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/m ... t3_500.jpg
Terry

Re: Shut off the water, please

Post by Terry »

...and now snow. Tonight and tomorrow. It has been snowing in the Rockies, but now here? Could we get anymore bad weather?

I understand that "Karen" is a potentional hurricane. I can only hope the best for everyone!

And for anyone on Island....take over the beaches!!!!!