Boston North End Restaurant?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Xislandgirl

Boston North End Restaurant?

Post by Xislandgirl »

We are heading up to Boston for a weekend in November. We have been numerous times but will be taking 1 couple that has never been and another couple that has been a few times only.

I want to have dinner in the North End on Saturday night. We have a few requirements so I am hoping that someone can help.

Must take reservations

One member of the party has a severe seafood allergy, that includs sea salt. We will obviously call in advance to ensure they can accomodate.

Big Portions. One member of the party is a body builder and eats like I have never seen. I want to be sure that he doesn't leave hungry.

I was considering Mamma Maria's but I have heard some not so good reviews lately.

Thanks!
shoemak38

Re: Boston North End Restaurant?

Post by shoemak38 »

liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I highly recommend Prezza:

http://www.prezza.com/
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

As a Bostonian I can tell you that any restaurant in the North End, taking reservations, is tourist directed. The traditional, old school ones don't, part of the aura is standing in line. That said, Villa Francesca is a landmark and don't pass up dessert at Mikes Pastry Shop...
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Well, we are tourists so that works!

When my husband and I go alone, we have no issues waiting but with a larger group with folks that have specific dietary restrictions, I am not risking a long wait under any circumstance.