Costa Rica

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Costa Rica

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Considering a vacation in February with just the two of us...one week, needing warmth but want some adventure, too. Something completely new and different for us...we've been to STT, STJ, Mexico and St. Lucia. Costa Rica is catching my eye. Anyone been recently? Here's what we want for this vacation:

1. To stay in a resort/hotel with beautiful views/balcony or patio off of room.
2. All inclusive is not off the table but would not necessarily be our preference. Would definitely want dining/bar at the resort where we stay though.
3. Access to fun tours during the day...check out waterfalls, volcanoes, etc... (not really interested in the zip line but who knows).
4. Town close by to dine at (see #2) and feel safe doing so.

THOUGHTS?
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
lprof

Re: Costa Rica

Post by lprof »

A friend of mine is going here this week with a group of women who like a little adventure along with comfort and pleasure... I think "wild women" is part of the group name they use. :) I can assure you that they are women of good taste.

http://aquanicaragua.com/resort-2/

This place appeals to me and seems nicely priced. I am not sure that there is anywhere nearby for outings, however.
I'll let you know how they like it, if you have any interest... or if Mr. Marcia does. :?

Unfortunately, I have nothing to share pertaining to Costa Rica.
... no longer a stranger to paradise