Holiday Party Games

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Ksea

Holiday Party Games

Post by Ksea »

Im in charge of our small company Holiday party (4th year in a row). I like to have some kind of trivia game or other activity to bring us together as a group. There will only be 11 adults and 3 teenage kids. Any fun suggestions?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

hmm we do these sort of "ice breakers" at work some times. I have to think about what we have done in the past. If I come up with something I will let you know :)
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Every year our leadership team does a "crap" swap. Everyone has to bring one item from their house that they do not want and wrap ir. Everyone picks a number. Number 1 chooses a gift and opens it. Number 2 opens a gift and make keep it or trade it with #1 and so on. At the very end, number 1 gets to chose which gift they want from all of them.

It is so much fun when you have a bunch of crap that no one wants and it is a great way to get rid of something awful that is in the house.

Last year I got a china Puss in Boots type doll with a red boa and purple dress. It is so horrible. I may wrapit up and bring it back to the party this year.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Xislandgirl wrote:Every year our leadership team does a "crap" swap. Everyone has to bring one item from their house that they do not want and wrap ir. Everyone picks a number. Number 1 chooses a gift and opens it. Number 2 opens a gift and make keep it or trade it with #1 and so on. At the very end, number 1 gets to chose which gift they want from all of them.

It is so much fun when you have a bunch of crap that no one wants and it is a great way to get rid of something awful that is in the house.

Last year I got a china Puss in Boots type doll with a red boa and purple dress. It is so horrible. I may wrapit up and bring it back to the party this year.
HEY! I have one of those!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :P
KIDDING!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

We've done similar swaps (called Yankee swaps here), but with purchased gifts, usually around $10-15 dollars. You get a good mix of joke gifts and "real" gifts that make the swapping fun. There's always a couple of things that everyone wants and things no one wants.

Why anyone wouldn't want a Puss in boots with a boa is beyond me :lol: :lol: :lol:
janet
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

jayseadee wrote:Why anyone wouldn't want a Puss in boots with a boa is beyond me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why any company would make them is beyond me! :lol: :P
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cat

Post by cat »

I have played a game where you say 3 things about yourself that most people wouldn't know and one of them is false. The rest of the group has to figure out which one is false. It is a great way to learn about the people you work with!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

:lol: I just don't have a good enough comeback for that one! :lol:
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Those are great ideas! Im thinking the Yankee Swap is a perfect idea for us. We can also do the 3 questions game if time allows. Thanks everyone!!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Jorge, I know for a fact you are taller than 5'10" :wink:

Luv ya

Pia
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

And I'm having trouble seeing past his nose to get a good look at his eyes.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I was gonna say the same thing as Pia Jorge; I didn't think you were 5'10" :lol: