DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I always love pictures of your work Jorge, keep 'em comin'! I didn't realized you nixed the TV from the bed, and I was wondering where the Hell it could be hiding!?! Cabinet at the foot of the bed is a great idea. :)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Jorge, I wanna see more! Do your forum friends get a discount on custom orders ;)
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

nothintolose wrote:Jorge - I want to see pics of you crackin' that whip...I mean chain :lol:

What were you wearing :wink: ??

nothintolose
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very nice work, Jorge.
Pia

Post by Pia »

OK Jorge - when ya gonna come and help with the remodel - luvvin' your work :wink:

We are set to start around late March with new windows, new siding, new electrical, new extension to the downstairs, new screened in deck off the master, removal of a wall and new roof for phase one - we are recruiting help in exchange for free room and beer (and the occasional meal) with afternoons off for beach time :wink:

Phase two - new kitchen, new bathroom and new floor tile for the downstairs guest room - whew.

Hope to see you soon - oh, driveway already finished :D

Pia
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Jorge, I actually love this topic. When i'm not obsessing about STJ I'm trying to improve my home :)
Maybe if I stayed home more I could afford better things but oh heck what fun is that?
Anyway, I bought the house we live in now about 10 years ago when I was still single. I bought the worst house in the best neighborhood which was the only way I could afford this area. I had seen this house on the market for a long time but it was in rough shape. A year later it was in foreclosure and being sold by the bank. They had made enough improvments for it to be sell-able and I picked it up for $95K which was a steal.
2 years ago we decided that we were going to stay here for a while but we needed more space. There was really no family room in the house so to speak and I was using an extra bedroom for a TV room. It worked for me but when Charles came on the scene we were getting under each others feet :)
Off my kitchen there was a small hallway that led to a half bath and there was a door to the basement and then there was the back door to the yard. We ended up going out the back of the house with a new room and it opens up right from the kitchen. However, now the entracnce to the basement was going to be exposed and it was nothing to look at! When you opened the basement door there were 5 stairs that went to a landing and there were these make shift open shelves that I used for storage. Really hideous looking. But we fixed it :) I don't have pictures of the old shelves but trust me they were awful and I'm shocked they held the crap I had piled on them!
Here's the old hallway and basement door:

And here is what the old shelving area looks like now. We kept the old bead board in the back and refinished it.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Jorge wrote:Oh Vicki, I saw a jeep pass me the other day and the tag read "Freak". Made me think of you.
I take that as a compliment. And it's closer to the truth than you think. :wink:
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I'm glad you were able to beat off ok. Nice bed
mahobayb

Post by mahobayb »

Jorge, You are so very talented. I can't wait to see your other talents....eerrr photos :wink:
we never touch someone so lightly that we don't leave a trace
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Wow Mary Beth, what a change! It's beautiful!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Awesome bed bet ya get a little more That and maybe a little THIS for your efforts. You got some talent there Jorge.I agree with the wood should be seen thing we have oak all over our house.
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

Nice work, Jorge!
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

What beautiful work! I love that bed. And love how solid and lasting it looks.

Here is a 'bar' that I had made this year. I wanted to look like a European antique, with flat sliding doors and a black finish, that I'd seen but which was too small for my space.

(that disco ball goes up for parties)
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »