What are you reading?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jaq w

Post by jaq w »

If you want a quick light read try..

"My Next Husband will be Normal, a St. John Adventure"
by Rae Ellen Lee

It's a true story and I loved the setting (obviously).
AH

Post by AH »

It's been awhile but I finally read a new book, "A Grown-up Kind of Pretty" by Joshilyn Jackson. Some mystery,some laughs,some heartwarming parts. Just a little bit of everything.
AH
AH

Post by AH »

"The Beach Tree" by Karen White is a fictional story about an extended families' life in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina.
AH
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Fifty Shades of Grey anyone? OMG!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
lprof

Post by lprof »

P-600 wrote:Fifty Shades of Grey anyone? OMG!
Huh... :oops: :wink:

Laters, baby!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
P-600

Post by P-600 »

LOL!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

P-600 wrote:Fifty Shades of Grey anyone? OMG!
Funny - this was the topic of conversation of my spin class last week. I thought I was at a book club.

I haven't read it yet, but it's downloaded 8)
janet
AH

Post by AH »

"She Makes It Look Easy" by Marybeth Whalen and "Baja Florida" by Bob Morris were my latest reads. Morris lives here in Florida and his novels generally take place here and on islands south of here.
AH
djmom

Post by djmom »

Fifty Shades, just read it. Quite interesting! I could barely get through it, but of course I wasn't going to quit reading it :wink: I thought the writing was horrible until maybe the end where I was kind of surprised that I wanted to keep reading. The writing got better at the end I guess, or maybe I started liking the characters?

Have a friend who said it changed her life.

I really didn't like it. But wouldn't miss it for the world...it is like being at the water cooler and not knowing what everyone is talking about!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

I have been reading the Stepanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. They are fun, mysterious, and a quick read. I am now on 10 of 16.
The reading is light and my favorite part of the books are the family...what a cast of characters :lol: :lol:

I lost my Mom 3 months ago and it has been a great source of humor and family during a tough time!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Jan&MikeVa wrote:I have been reading the Stepanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. They are fun, mysterious, and a quick read. I am now on 10 of 16.
The reading is light and my favorite part of the books are the family...what a cast of characters :lol: :lol:

I lost my Mom 3 months ago and it has been a great source of humor and family during a tough time!
Glad to hear those books are lifting your spirits after such loss. The series is like taking a little vacation, isn't it?

I just got the President's Club and am looking forward to starting that this weekend.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Jan&MikeVa wrote:I have been reading the Stepanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. They are fun, mysterious, and a quick read. I am now on 10 of 16.

I love the Evanovich books; I've read them all. I anxiously await each new one. Great characters, lots of laughs, so light and fun. Perfect for taking your mind off of anything serious.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
AH

Post by AH »

I've heard good and bad reviews about "Fifty Shades of Gray". Rather than putting out good money and wishing I hadn't, I'm on the waiting list at the library.
AH
AH

Post by AH »

"A Three Dog Life" by Abigail Thomas was a very pleasant surprise. It is a memoir of the author's life following a tragic accident involving her husband. Very honest, very moving.
AH
brenda

Post by brenda »

You island girls will love this book!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005L9B5YU/ref=r_ea_s_f#_
Going "home" again October 26th!