restaurants and villas on East End

Travel discussion for St. Croix
fish gal

restaurants and villas on East End

Post by fish gal »

we are headed to St Croix in Jan and are looking for new restaurant recommendations. Has anyone stayed in a villa on the east end?
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Hi,

We have stayed in several villas on the east end. Just returned on December 10 from a villa near Candle Reef.

How can I help?

- Margy
fish gal

Post by fish gal »

what was the villa near candle reef like? Is it close to restaurants on the east end? Have you tried blue water terrace or the pickled greek?
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

The villa near Candle Reef is La Viridian, a newly built property. http://www.vacationstcroix.com/LaViridi ... idian.html I've stayed there twice - this past June with a girlfriend and just returned after staying there with my husband. It's a very nice villa. Check out Vacation St. Croix's website - they are on island. We use them exclusively since we had a bad experience with an owner-managed villa on STX. Two other east end favorites of ours are Bambooshay and Smuggler's Retreat. We are starting to plan our March/April trip and are looking at Villa Amonoka.

We go to STX 3-4 times a year. Blue Water Terrace is one of our favorites, especially for breakfast/brunch. We are not much on Greek food but I hear good things about Pickled Greek - it's in Gallows Bay, just outside of C'Sted. Out on the east end we like Cultured Pelican, Deep End Bar & Grill, The Galleon, Duggans, Good Spirits for bbq, No Bones in Gallows Bay.

Our absolute favorite restaurant on St. Croix is Salud Bistro. It is located just to the west of C'Sted on Route 75 Northside Road.

- Margy