Mafolie Hotel

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
stampede chuck

Mafolie Hotel

Post by stampede chuck »

We'll spend the last night of our vacation at the Mafolie on St Thomas. Probably spend the afternoon wandering the streets and shops, but were wondering about suggestions for dinner. Also, any comments on the hotel?
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Always seemed like a cool place when we lived on St. Thomas. Their own restaurant used to have a pretty good reputation - but maybe someone else can chime in on that!
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
toni

Post by toni »

Definitely eat at mafolie; beautiful views, outstanding watching the lights come on in charlotte amalie. Very romantic. Great way to end the trip, we've done this before and have view pictures if you want.
austinill

Post by austinill »

We are in STT now and spent the first night at Mafolie. This is a very basic hotel room, bed, chair, tv, etc. It is NOT the Marriott in terms of luxury. BUT, it is worth it for the view. You only use a room to sleep in anyway, and if the bed is comfortable, what else do you need.
Now, the restaurant: EAT AT MAFOLIE. It was simply awesome. Wife had coconut shrimp and they were very tasty. I had BBQ pork ribs and I was amazed how good they were. And the view makes the meal even more special.
I will do a trip report soon and tell more. But I give it a 2 thumbs up. :D
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

Thanks for the feedback. We're not looking for luxury, just a night before we head back to the great white north. We'll have the life of luxury for a week on St John.

Great to hear about the restaurant at Mafolie ... looks like our decision is easy.
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

It would be the very easiest to just stay at Mafolie once you check in -- enjoy the pool - the absolute incredible sunset and a fairly nice dinner in the restaurant - arrange a taxi for the airport ahead of time - the morning view is lovely as well - if you do want to venture out that night -- go to Frenchtown -- walk about and visit the fine restaurants and bars - you have made a good choice and I am sure you will enjoy Mafolie.
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

Deb and I used to stay there on a regular basis back when we were tourists. We also have had many good meals and the restaurant, the view is one of the best.
Jay
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Like Exit 0 said Frendhtown is a neat area. We like eating lunch at Hook Line and Sinker. Good food and Gret View of the Harbor