1st trip!!

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
airtan38

1st trip!!

Post by airtan38 »

Coming to STT on June 1st - 1st timer! Can't wait! What should be on my must see and do list?
Soggy Dollar here I come in June! Image
Connie

Post by Connie »

Air, we'll be there on June 3rd - June 13th, so just follow us around...lol
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Connie

Post by Connie »

Air, there's so much to do.

Of course, there's snorkeling.
Hope you're getting a car because you'll love to drive around.
Going over on the car ferry to STJ is a must too.
We did a little history tour of Charlotte Amalie. That was fun.
Love, love Paradise Point at sunset.
A trip over to the BVI's is really fun.

I could go on and on. Maybe some others would like to add some other things to do.

*Hint...on tripadvisor.com there's a poster named Beautifull Bill who has made a list of things to do on the Island. Really good list.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

The first thing you must do is down shift and get on "Island Time." Forget about deadlines, schedules, and the rest of the world waiting for you when you go home. Some of us don't wear a watch or bring a computer. Many of us never look at the news while we are there.

Even if you are not a shopper, spend a little time walking down the main street to see the shops, traffic, congestion and general activity of a busy duty-free port city. If you are a shopper, you will enjoy the good deals that can be found.

There are lots of great beaches and restaurants.

The best part of going to the VI is to meet the people. That connection is not to be missed.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

STTlover

Post by STTlover »

We'll be on island the same time too!

Where are you staying?

Go to Megan's Bay and make sure you stop at Dairy Delight for an adult milkshake on your way home!
Connie

Post by Connie »

STT....we're staying at Sapphire.

Where are you going to be?
STTlover

Post by STTlover »

I just sent you a PM Connie.
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

Some things I always tell people to do while in STT:

Paradise Point - Tuesday and Wednesday nights, live music, bushwackers and sunset
Magens Bay with a stop at Udder Delight - make sure not to go on a large cruise ship day, check the listing
Frenchtown for dinner - lots of restaurants to choose from
Sapphire - great beach day/snorkle
Rent a car and drive to see the sights or take an open air safari trip. Got to see all the overlooks.
Mountain Top - I haven't been since it reopened, but you have to go for the view
Water island - take the ferry over from Tickles - get lunch at Heidi Honeymoon Grill, then over to Joes for live music Sat and Sun afternoon/evening
Boat day - take one of the many day trips for either snorkeling, diving, BVI, sailing, etc.
Shopping and historical walk downtown, do lunch at Cuzzins or Gladys Cafe, 99 steps, Blackbeards
Redhook - Fun atmosphere - Duffys, Molly Malones, Caribbean Saloon, Big Bambooz

So much to do. Have fun!
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Ditto to the suggestions by mrscaptainjay :wink: Looks like our list of "have-to-do" as well!!
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

A couple more off the beaten path suggestions:
Sushi at Sunset -- Hull Bay
Live Music and dinner -- Latitude 18 near Red Hook
Carigas at the boatyard for lunch or Local Dinner night
Sat night Jazz at Tavern on the Waterfront
Lindqvist// Smith Bay Park -- a beautiful beach day - bring your lunch and beverages though.
Take Out from Texas Pit BBQ in Nisky or Red hook or Waterfront
Any event at the Reichold Center during your vacation
Visit the St Thomas Historical Trust Museum at Roosevelt Park.
USVIBamaFan

Post by USVIBamaFan »

Another first timer who will be there June 13 - 24...thanks for the list and also the particular days to be at certain spots.

Need a ticker...we are marking down the days on our refrigerator calendar. Our family can't wait!

I keep trying to put my "vacation planning" mode on island time - don't want to miss a thing BUT trying not to plan every hour of the day!

:D :D
Sam_mc50

Post by Sam_mc50 »

We have only been once but going back in the last week of june. I would say without a doubt chartering a private powerboat with a captain was our best day. The captain took us to all the best snorkel places and told us the history of the islands with some funny island jokes thrown in, we fished a little (wife caught a barracuda) then we spent some time on an small island by ourselves called sand spit while our captain watched the boat. Then he took us over to jost van dyke to get some late lunch and drinks at foxy's (best drink I ever have had..it was called frggin n the riggin). Did some more snorkeling and called it a day.

Hope y'all have as much fun as we did :)