Restaurant closings during Carnival ...

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
Kathyzhere

Restaurant closings during Carnival ...

Post by Kathyzhere »

Just wondering if there may be a listing or something that has the restaurants that are closed for the last part of the Carnival festivities? I remember last year that a few places that I wanted to try were closed I guess due to Carnival, one of them being the Northside Bistro.

Oh and what is YOUR fave seafood restaurant?

Thanks!

...only 27 moons to go :-)
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Just because of the difficulty of getting deliveries many restaurants close during Carnival.
Craig and Sallys will be closed May2 -- 11
Call now and ask any place you are interested in for their Carnival schedule.
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

We enjoy so much fresh fish when we are there and it is difficult to say my favorite. I have to say that I love the fish at Robert's and Blue Moon. For a more casual dinner, we go to Hook, Line and Sinker in Frenchtown.

I have heard that the fish is good at Fish Tails in Red Hook by the dock. We did not have a chance to go there in February, but it is high on my list next time.

I would make reservations at any of these places ahead of time. Hope you enjoy your trip.
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

@ EZ ... Thanks for the tip! ;-) I'll call Northside and Cuzzin's.

@ VIIanders ... Thanks for your personal choices. I have enjoyed a nice fish meal @ Hook, Line & Sinker as well. I am 99% sure we'll go again this next visit too. Just wanting to try some other places with recommendations. We love hanging out @ the AYH in Red Hook so perhaps Fish Tales will be on the list too! Is Robert's @ the Elysian?

Enjoy the weekend "guys"!! :D
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

If you like Cuzzins for sure eat at The Village an evening or two and do not miss Food Fair Day on Wed. in town - enjoy carnival!!!! - Call Hook Line and ask if they are open Sat Nite for the fireworks - a great view from there --- or Banana Tree.
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

Robert's is at the Elysian.

Banana Tree Grille also has great fish dishes, but usually I get their filet. Make a reservation early and try to get a table by the open windows to enjoy the view.
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

Hook Line and Sinker will be closed during Carnival, I also know that the French Town Deli closes for part of it. But now worries the McDonalds is always open even though you can rarely get service. :-)
Jay
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

Hook Line Sinker is our favorite for Seafood. They will be closed Thurs-Sun of Carnival. Pie Whole will also be closed that weekend, probably Fri-Sun. Frenchtown is just so crazy during that time, no parking, so they just find it easier to close and let employees enjoy Carnival :-)
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Exit Zero wrote:If you like Cuzzins for sure eat at The Village an evening or two and do not miss Food Fair Day on Wed. in town - enjoy carnival!!!! - Call Hook Line and ask if they are open Sat Nite for the fireworks - a great view from there --- or Banana Tree.
Hey EZ, I am sure we will find something yummy at the village to eat ;-) Unfortunately we don't get to STT until thursday so we'll miss the food fair :-( You enjoy Carnival too!!
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

mrscaptainjay wrote:Hook Line Sinker is our favorite for Seafood. They will be closed Thurs-Sun of Carnival. Pie Whole will also be closed that weekend, probably Fri-Sun. Frenchtown is just so crazy during that time, no parking, so they just find it easier to close and let employees enjoy Carnival :-)
Thanks for the heads-up Mr & Mrs Cap'n :-) We'll have to enjoy our "Hook" meal after the weekend then. It is a great thing for the locals to be able to have time off and enjoy as well!!
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Thanks again for all your info! Cheers to Carnival 8)