The characters we met tour Part 3.

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
STTlover

The characters we met tour Part 3.

Post by STTlover »

Wednesday, June 1st…Day 4
Today we had planned to get up and out early to Megan’s Bay. Well, we were all slow moving from all the fun we had the night before, so we were out the door closer to 10:30. We got in the car and I turned the key, nothing, turned it again, nothing. The car finally started after the fourth time of turning the key. Whoa! I immediately called Dependable and they asked if the car was running now, and yes it was, they asked me to bring it in to switch it out. So we took a bit of a detour and stopped at Dependable and with in 15 mins they had us back on the road in a different vehicle, the battery was dying in the other vehicle. We hopped back on the road and went over the mountain and were at Megan’s w/in 15 mins. There was one of those mega ships in port, so we headed all the way down close to the end where it is virtually deserted and peaceful.
We set up our camp and then walked down the beach to the bar/food counter to get some bloody mary’ s and greasy food. It tasted so good. The first part of the day was absolutely beautiful, then a front came through and clouded up our afternoon. We didn’t mind though, we need the break from the sun. Around 4 pm we packed it up and got back on the road. I always make a stop at Udder Delight on my way back from Megan’s and this trip was no different. We all got different shakes and passed them around the car. It’s a great way to end a beach day! We got back to the condo and took about an hour nap and got up, showered and dressed. We planned on heading to Latitude 18 for dinner. I love this place and was looking forward to the girls reaction to it. My experience is that if you are not there by 7:00 you may be sh*& out of luck with getting a table and them selling out of some food items. But, tonight, they were dead as a door nail. We got a table right next to the water and settled in. Our food was great, but the bugs were awful. They had a band playing too, a fairly large one, and we were excited to hear them, until they started playing. They were good, but the type of music was awful, elevator jazz. Just wasn’t our cup of tea, or what you come to a hole in the wall bar to hear. Our phones started to blow up at this point, there had been 2 tornados touch down very close to our towns and friends and family were posting all sorts of crazy things on Facebook. We all got on my phone(only one w/ At&t) to make sure our loved ones were ok, and thank God they all were and no one sustained any damage. At that point we were all pretty tired and cranky, so we called it a night and went home to watch the big bad Bruins lose in the first game of the Stanley Cup.':evil:'

Tomorrow, another Sapphire day.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Great way to enjoy Magens Bay - and there is nothing like an Udder Delight stop anytime you are nearby!
No characters to report?
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

Magens is one of my favorites, so gradual and perfect for the kids. Parking is so great and we go all the way down to the left like you did. The food is good, nice picnic tables and facilities.

Now I just wish I could have one of the milk shakes from Udder Delight, preferably a Jamoca or a Jacoco! :D
STTlover

Post by STTlover »

Ha! I forgot to put that part in. We did meet an interesting one at Magen's. Towards the end of the day the lifeguard came over and was chatting with us. He was hitting on my soon to be divorced friend. Telling her he was a rap artist who owns land in Jamaica. He was telling us more lies than I can count on all fingers and toes. He told us his "artist" name and to look him up on Youtube bc he is about to get signed. We did, and there wasn't a single video of him. He was very nice, but I knew better to believe everything he was saying.