The characters we met tour Part 4...The End

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
STTlover

The characters we met tour Part 4...The End

Post by STTlover »

Thursday June 2nd……Day 5

Today was a repeat of day 3. We lounged around the pool soaking up the sun and moved to the beach in the afternoon. We ended our time at the beach with some Lime in da coconuts from the Banana Cabana. The best lime in da coconuts I’ve ever had…period. They use whole key limes, fresh coconut, and lotsa rum! We ate in that night and hit the hay early because tomorrow would be the highlight of the trip….Jost!

Friday June 3rd……Day 6
I make it a point to make it to Jost every trip we make. This would be the rest of the girls first trip to White Bay. I was very excited for them! This was also my first time taking the ferry as I usually arrive there via a charter. We got up early and were at the ferry terminal for 7:30 ish. I have to say, the process from Red Hook is very confusing. There is no ticket counter. We were told to look for the man with the backpack. Apparently he is selling the tickets. We found him by the bar at a table. He said take a seat he’ll be with us in a moment. About 15 mins later he asked for our passports, then went back to his table. When he returned them, one of us had to ask if he wanted us to pay, he was like oh, yeah sure. At this point we were hoping to just make it on the boat. Finally they rounded the 6 of us up who were waiting for the ferry. We made a pit stop at STJ, where the process seams much easier, and were off. We got to Great Harbour around 9 and went through customs. Then we were on our way to White Bay!!!
It was very strange to be there that early in the morning with out the crowds, very peaceful. We all had Mic’s famous bloody marys and some omelets to start the morning off. It was very overcast that day, the sun did peak out every once and a while, but we didn’t care, we were in paradise. As the day wore on we moved on to Nilla Killas and the beach started to fill up.
One group, which were probably in their early 20’s, were getting very rowdy and found two people sleeping in their chairs ripe for humiliation. Four of them stood behind the sleepers and dropped trough for a picture. I have to say, even though they were loud and getting obnoxious, it was pretty funny. Soon it was time to pack it in and catch our taxi back to Great Harbour. We were soon back on the ferry and back on STT. We were starving since the only thing we ate that day were the omelets. We stopped at Big Bambooz and had an late lunch/early dinner. We then caught a taxi back to the condo and crashed. It was definitely a different experience taking the ferry to Jost rather than a charter. I actually think I like taking a charter better. Just has a different feeling for me.

Saturday June 4th….Day 7

Well this is the day we all dread, departure day. We were up early, cleaned and finished packing and out the door by 9:15. Stopped for gas and then stopped at the French Town Deli for some sandwiches for the plane and dropped off the car at 10:30. The same wonderful gal drove us back to the airport and we were checking in and through customs & security w/ in 15 minutes. Our flight stopped in Philly as well on the way home, and we basically had the same issues and when we arrived. We were back in Boston around 8, went and picked my car up at my friends house and made the drive back to W. Mass by 11pm.

It was a great trip to share with my girlfriends. It will probably be a few years again before we can all do this together again as our lives will be all taking different routes soon. But I’m already planning our next trip, which will be a large family one for next August!
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

Sounds like you had a good time at Jost, a great way to end your trip. One of our favorites. Thanks for the trip report and now you can start planning your trip for next August. :D