Pleasant surprise from Travelocity

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
kma27

Pleasant surprise from Travelocity

Post by kma27 »

Had a real scare last night; got an e-mail from Travelocity saying that our flight plans to STT were not confirmed (after making them back in May/having been confirmed at that time) and saying that I needed to contact them within 48 hours or they could not promise to keep the price we paid. Anyway, called them (feeling sick inside expecting bad news). We had booked United, non-stop for February (favorite flight) and United back with only one stop, not having to change planes and getting back to IAD at 8:13 rather than the usual midnight or so. ANYWAY, much to my surprise and delight, we got a NON-STOP flight home from STT to IAD and that has never happened to us since we started going to to STT in 1999. We couldn't be happier and am looking forward to a nonstop trip home. I'm thinking that since the merger of United and Continental happened...this could be a good thing!! Hope they don't change things in the future but this is just too good to be true.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

That's great! Just keep an eye on it because Continental has a habit of changing your flights without notifying you. So if Continental still has any control in the merger, you just might want to check on your flight now and then to make sure it's still there. Just sayin'
kma27

Post by kma27 »

California girl you are absolutely correct about Continental...that wonderful trip home has already been changed! Got a notification from Travelocity yesterday that they changed my itinerary - changed my departure to a day earlier...I called and told them that WON'T WORK at all; then they got me home the day I wanted BUT I'm stuck in STT until 5:40 p.m. the day of departure and won't get into IAD until 11:52 p.m. We're not too happy; hoping they change us again since there's 5 months until our trip. I hate the airlines!!
kma27

Post by kma27 »

My dealings with Travelocity have turned into a nightmare...I booked my tickets way back in May and they changed my itinerary on me a total of four times already and there are still 4 months to go. This time I had had enough. Without boring all about the details (which are quite involved) I am receiving a full refund back from Travelocity so it looks as though I'm not even going next year. I can't deal with the back and forth from the airlines. I know I could just book with someone else but I think I've rented out my timeshare unit and we'll just stay home this February. It's the first time since 1999 that we won't be going. It's not definite yet, but things are leaning that way. Heck, I'm even thinking about selling the unit. I'm very sad.
ronbo3107

Post by ronbo3107 »

Where is your unit?
kma27

Post by kma27 »

I don't know if you are familiar with Bluebeards Castle - our unit is in Pirates Pension, Corsair Building, unit 393; a studio. So, we rented it out for 2012 within 2 days. Can't believe we aren't going next year. Wow, what a difference a couple of days makes.
ronbo3107

Post by ronbo3107 »

I know where you are talking about, we own 257/week50 and 200/201 week 1. I have not been down in awhile and wondered how everything was after renovations
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

Oh, no, kma, I am so sorry about your plans. :cry: I think we were supposed to be there about the same time. Maybe you can rent another unit if you find some good rates on the airlines if you call them direct. We always book on the internet, but we are fortunate to be able to go on the Continental direct flight from Newark.

I understand they did a nice job with the renovations at the Castle. Week 6 we are at the Elysian with our family and then week 7 we move to the Beach Club which is finishing the renovations of our unit and will be done by that time.

Good luck and don't give up yet!