Cowpet Villas or Watergate Villas

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
Tracy in WI

Cowpet Villas or Watergate Villas

Post by Tracy in WI »

Hello - I am a regular visitor to St. John and have neighbors who want to visit St. Thomas. They are looking at taking a family of 4 for a five night stay in January. I have never heard of Cowpet Villas or Watergate Villas and was wondering if anyone has any info - good or negative that I can share with my neighbor to help in his decision.

They are trying to keep the budget under $1500 for the five night stay and want to be on the beach and also have access to a decent pool.

Thanks!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

we stayed at 3 bedroom "villa" at cowpet bays...west...I believe...and LOVED It. It was so nice to have a "resort" feeling. A beach, restaurants...pools....close to town, etc. We rented a car...had a family of 4 plus grandpa....and it was a great vacation. I heard that the restaurant at cowpet bay might have closed...which would be a huge bummer....loved going down to the bar at night..or having lunch with the iguanas ....we are HUGE st john lovers...and went over there a bunch too..but wanted to treat grandpa to a nice caribbean vacay....

http://www.vrbo.com/113156
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

The Cowpet Bay Villas are great. We actually stay at the Elysian and love it there. I just was notified that the former Ainsley's is now "The Lobster Shack" and the food is good. The former Robert's is supposed to be open by high season. We really were sorry to see the old ones leave the resort as they were wonderful restaurants.