Dry Island

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
sapphirecat

Dry Island

Post by sapphirecat »

Just a dry note: One of Wapa's boilers broke earlier this week and as a result STT is pretty dry with water rationing for a few hours every day.

Went to a Red Hook restaurant last night and the said they couldn't give me tap water because of the water problem so I'd have to have bottled water.

Wonder how the do their cleaning up. What do you all think?

Situation looks iffy for several more days.

On the bright side, there haven't been any blackouts since Tuesday. And weather's been lovely.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone :-)

We'll be diving in the morning with Dive-In out of Sapphire and having dinner most likely at Fish Tails in Red Hook.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Most homes and businesses have cisterns and are not dependent on WAPA water - they may have water but not enough to serve at a table and are using the scarce supply for ice and cleaning - to be totally dependent on WAPA public supply either by pipe or truck delivery is a recipe for disaster in most cases. Some newer buildings were built with the idea that public water supply would be available but any of the older buildings were designed and built with cisterns.
Expecting WAPA to provide reliable power and water by any stateside supply parameter is not a workable model here.
sapphirecat

Post by sapphirecat »

Wonder how they flush the toilets or allow for people to wash their hands afterward. Interestingly, no other place at all had the "we have no water" problem.

As usual, I take everything I am told with a grain of sea salt.