STT to BVI day trip

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
funat50

STT to BVI day trip

Post by funat50 »

This is our 1st time to STT and VI and we'd like to book a day trip to BVI to see the Baths and Soggy Dollar Bar etc. We're 50's but fun and active. We'll be there 2/24 - 3/3. Should we book in advance or wait until we arrive? Any suggestions on which charter company to book with?
It gets better n better
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

We did the trip on Pirates Penny / Stormy Petral (2 boats, same company) 2 years ago. It was fantastic. Capt Al and 1st mate Teresa (?) were great. They handle all your paperwork. The boat ride to the Baths is kind of long. 45 min to an hour maybe? Once at the Baths they took us on the trail through the Baths (you climb up and over rocks) and they were really knowledgable about the place. Then boat ride to White Bay on Jost. The beach and its bars were great too. We probably were there for about an hour. Then back to the boat for the ride to STJ to check in at Customs and the ride back to STT. It really is a fun day.
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

Forgot to mention... I would book in advance. We booked directly with the charter, not through our hotel. I also called to confirm the reservation once we arrived on island.
funat50

STT to BVI day trip

Post by funat50 »

Thanks for the info. Looks like you'll be there at the same time. We'll be at the Elysian.
It gets better n better
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I just posted a video link on the STJ forum with a lot of pics, including many of our boat trip to the Baths and Jost. It's titled Mom and Daughter Trip if you want to go over there and look at it.

The pics were taken on both islands... STT & STJ