Where to stay in St. Thomas

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
kathyE

Post by kathyE »

My sister and I are planning a trip to STT next April.
We are looking for someplace where it is quiet, and a beach that is not crowded. We are not planning on renting a car, but plan to take taxis. We'd like to keep rates at about $150 night, or less.
Any suggestions?
this forum is awesome, as we found our place in the sun in St. John. We want to try STT, or even St. Croix.
eala

Post by eala »

We went in March and found Hull Bay to be quiet and laid back with a small but nice quality beach. Not much of a crowd. I don't know if the taxi's come here regularly, we had a rental :/ I also don't know about the pricing either...
Don't sweat the small stuff!
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

You may want to look into a nice place like this ----- www.stonehousevi.com --- rates are about what you are looking for - w/o a rental car though no matter where you decide to stay every time you want to leave figure about $10 pp ea way to get almost anywhere - that is $40 a day for you both so paying a bit more for a place that has all the things you need and just not leaving there most days might be something to consider - you will miss a lot of the interesting things to do in STT and STJ that way though - renting a car will give a much greater latitude in accommodation choices too.
kathyE

Post by kathyE »

Thanks! This is a start!
eala

Post by eala »

Secret Harbour was our other favorite beach, had great resturants and family orientated. We stayed at a nice B & B for a night but it was facing Red Hook called Two Sandals By the Sea. The owners were very nice and the breakfast amazing. If I have to stay on St.Thomas again though I might check out Stone House, it does look nice :)
[/img]
Don't sweat the small stuff!
loguevacations

Post by loguevacations »

You can find numerous, good choices at the Home Away and VRBO web sites. I bought a villa at Sapphire Beach Resort & Marina years ago and still love staying there. This location fits what you describe as your desires/ needs. You may be able to find a suite there within your price range. 8)
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Make sure you rent your car early if it's the last week of April. That's when our carnival is and rentals are hard to come by.

RL
RL 8)