Has anyone done a charter to JVD or VG and if so?

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
kdskis2

Has anyone done a charter to JVD or VG and if so?

Post by kdskis2 »

We are interested in private charter around St. John and possibly JVD or VG if the price is not too high. We love the idea of having the boat to ourselves and going where we want without having a crowd along. We've done it in the past on St. Lucia, Antigua, Belize. Can anyone recommend a good one that they've used personally? I have looked at the info on this website and found it helpful but it would be nice to hear firsthand about anyone's experience and who they used and price? We are a group of 4 or possibly 6. Appreciate any info! Thx!
Lovin life
STTlover

Post by STTlover »

There are a bunch of good ones. Palm Tree Charters is a favorite. I've used Pirates Penny/Stormy Petral for larger groups. This time around we are going out on Big Blue Charters, they were highly recommended to us. All will cost you around 700 or more w/ fuel/customs. If you don't want to spend a ton of money, another good option is New Horizon's Charters out of the Sapphire Marina. It's not a private boat, you'll share it w/ a bunch of people. But it's a good inexpensive way to see the islands. Drinks, snorkel gear and snacks are included.

www.visitbreakaway.com
kdskis2

Post by kdskis2 »

Thankyou so very much! Will check these out!! :D
Lovin life
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hi kdskis2,

I highly recommend Captain Brandi with Palm Tree Charters! Our family of 4 loved our day with him in 2010 and we can't wait to spend a day with him again this year! The full day rate is $575 plus fuel for up to 6 people. He will make a short YouTube video of your day if you like...no additional fee for that! A very fun guy and memorable day guaranteed!

http://www.palmtreecharters.com/cruise.htm

Enjoy your visit! 8)
Jo
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Another recommendation for Palm Tree Charters. We've been out twice with him. Both times it was a mix of sightseeing, snorkeling, and beach bar hopping. Highly recommend Captain John.
devgolfs

Re: Has anyone done a charter to JVD or VG and if so?

Post by devgolfs »

Has anyone taken the ferry to JVD? I am traveling with just my wife and we definitely can't afford the charter option. I'm wondering if the ferry gets you there and allows you enough time to get around and enjoy yourself before having to hop back on to go home.

Also, it looks like the ferry arrives in White Bay. Is it feasible to walk to the Soggy Dollar from There or does it require you to get a cab?

Thanks all!
Devin
lprof

Re: Has anyone done a charter to JVD or VG and if so?

Post by lprof »

devgolfs wrote:Has anyone taken the ferry to JVD? I am traveling with just my wife and we definitely can't afford the charter option. I'm wondering if the ferry gets you there and allows you enough time to get around and enjoy yourself before having to hop back on to go home.

Also, it looks like the ferry arrives in White Bay. Is it feasible to walk to the Soggy Dollar from There or does it require you to get a cab?

Thanks all!
Devin
I have taken the ferry from St John to Jost Van Dyke. In general I would say yes to most of your questions.
The ferry docks in Grand Bay (Foxy's is there) and I think most people take a cab on to White Bay (Ivan's, Soggy, Etc.) These earlier threads may answer in more detail. http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... ferry+jost
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... ferry+jost
... no longer a stranger to paradise