restaurant / fast food between airport and sapphire beach

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
firsttimetousvi

restaurant / fast food between airport and sapphire beach

Post by firsttimetousvi »

Is there a convenient/good restaurant close to airport on way to sapphire beach resort? we are going to be very hungry because we have a 3 hr layover around lunchtime in san jaun and won't be able to eat lunch (I read the airport food is terrible at SJU). Kids will be grouchy and hungry so need sometihng close to airport and convenient.
No Mcdonalds though, we don't eat that type of fast food.
loguevacations

Post by loguevacations »

If you are driving past Red Hook, you can get fresh sub sandwiches to go at the Marina Market across from the ferry dock. If you can take more time, stop at the family friendly Molly Malone's restaurant on the dock side (parking available). Havensite has fast foods but I don't know of any other good choices there.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

You can stop in Crown Bay - Gourmet Gallery has a deli counter and Tickles restaurant is right there on the dock - Nisky Center has a Subway, Dominos, Chinese take out and Puerto Rican takeout - Texas Pit BBQ is right there too - or Frenchtown Deli is another choice.
firsttimetousvi

Thanks for the ideas!
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

The food isn't that bad in PR that you can't find something to eat if you are hungry with a 3 hour layover. Are you kidding?
RL 8)
firsttimetousvi

3 hr layover plus 3 kids, 3 carseats, and 5 carry on suitcases....kinda makes it hard to leave the airport. I just meant that I read the food AT THE AIRPORT was bad (at least that is what I read numerous times online). Airport food is generally always bad, but from what I read at this particular airport it could make you sick.
STTlover

Post by STTlover »

You'll be able to find food at the airport that is just fine. There is a full service restaurant,the name excapes me, which we eat at and has sandwiches etc. There is also a subway which I have found extremely fresh. If you are really against the airport choices, French Town Deli is very close the the STT airport.
LB

Post by LB »

Maybe ti goes without saying. Pack food or snacks for those little kids. You never know what kind of delay can happen. Could end up you will be running for your connection. We sat on the tarmac 3 hours once. Water, energy bars, etc.
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

I truly was talking about eating at the airport. There are so many choices.
RL 8)
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

I've eaten at SJU several times, and it was fine. Can't remember the restaurant names, but there were several choices. With having kids and that long of a layover, tired, hungry, cranky, I would definitely grab something at the airport.